586,076 active members*
3,912 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hello from the UK

Hello to everyone, I have been browsing here for a couple of days, all very interesting stuff but totally baffling

Welcome aboard Moulder.
    That's just how I felt, but beware, it becomes adictive

John
    It's like doing jigsaw puzzles in the dark.
    Enjoy today's problems, for tomorrow's may be worse.

Hi all, I'm from the UK also...

Thanks for the welcome

I am still doing lots of reading of the forum, and have found some very interesting stuff:banana:

I have had a visit from the Haas representative, have Onecnc coming tomorrow and Hurco on Monday, so by the middle of next week my head will be spinning

HuntMike79 & greybeard, whereabouts in the UK? I am in Gloucestershire

I'm pretty near you then, I'm in Bristol!

Not-so-flat Norfolk but ancestors came from near Ross.

John

Hi John,
    I'm another UK John from just South of Peterborough where the highest point for miles is the East Coast Main Line railway track.
    John.

Near Bircham, and at 71 metres we have a direct view of Norway, if it wasn't for the waves in between

Talking Only in UK

My daughter has just sent me this.
    Enjoy
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw"]YouTube - Extreme Sheep LED Art[/ame]

hello with all people uk are in forums

please help me i take manual startup catalog for sinumerik system 3.
    I wait your help!!!!!!
    best regards for uk people

fahj

Lightbulb "Hello"

Hi all,
    Hope you dont mind me crashing the party but thought this could be a good way to find a move out of Aberdeen but still work with cnc's.

Hi From Millz in Rugby, Warwickshire Just want say what-a-site for cnc information

Smile Hello Millz

Hi Millz, Yes there is loads of cnc info in here but alot of it is outdated. What type of cnc do you have & what material do you use? (i.e. matal,wood,glass etc etc)

Hello The Judge,

How are you buddy hope you are in fine fettle.
    Sorry about the delay in sending you a reply, got a lot of personal problems at the moment so my humble apologies.
    Down to business, maybe you can bring me up to speed on the type of CNC equipment that out there?
    I have an engineering background, Installing and Commissioning Special purpose Machine tools.
    My Interest is in RC Model Engineering in particular VTOL (vertical take off and landing)
    I would like to design and develop a CNC machining center using five Axis incorporating some form of milling and turning so that I can do most of the manufacturing with this one machine I know it seems a tall order but I know I can do it given the time and resources.
    At present I have been playing with Solidworks which you may know it to be a Three D solid modeling package and using labview to motion axis testing.
    My problem is accruing the mathematical data for example type of slide ways? Should I use THK Rails? VEE beds or Square Beds?
    I if you can help with any information as to,”going down the right track”, I appreciate it

Best Regards,

Millz

Hello again Millz,

Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time of things at the moment. I am afraid I am going to be of no use to you in your cnc quest as my knowalge is too limited for what you are after but I honestly wish you well in finding what you are after.