586,488 active members*
2,893 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question CNC conv. info help needed

I am working on converting my shoptask eldorado bridgemill to cnc. I think that the timing pulleys I need are XL style, 21 tooth, with .375 bores to go with the steppers I purchased from Camtronics. Can anyone confirm this pulley size and type being right and can anyone provide the belt part numbers I need? Also does anyone have a source for the required pulley? My standby MSC doesn't have a .375 bore xl if that is indeed what is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Texasj10 View Post
    I am working on converting my shoptask eldorado bridgemill to cnc. I think that the timing pulleys I need are XL style, 21 tooth, with .375 bores to go with the steppers . Can anyone confirm this pulley size and type being right and can anyone provide the belt part numbers I need? Also does anyone have a source for the required pulley? My standby MSC doesn't have a .375 bore xl if that is indeed what is required.
    My machine came with all the pulleys as standard equipment- i think your model should have also, unless you bought it used. I think shoptask could supply the right pulleys and belts for any of the older machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Texasj10 View Post
    I am working on converting my shoptask eldorado bridgemill to cnc. I think that the timing pulleys I need are XL style, 21 tooth, with .375 bores to go with the steppers I purchased from Camtronics. Can anyone confirm this pulley size and type being right and can anyone provide the belt part numbers I need? Also does anyone have a source for the required pulley? My standby MSC doesn't have a .375 bore xl if that is indeed what is required.
    I am converting my Shoptask to CNC also and I am also from Texas. I am now getting ready to fit my ballscrews into the machine and finalize my extra 5 inches of y axis travel

Quote Originally Posted by Sprint 77 View Post
    I am converting my Shoptask to CNC also and I am also from Texas. I am now getting ready to fit my ballscrews into the machine and finalize my extra 5 inches of y axis travel
    One of the things I really love about my Patriot is that all of the drive pulleys and mounts are included when you buy the machine. I've done retrofits before on other machines and its always a huge pain to have to design and fabricate all that stuff.
    Which model do you have? I would like to see some pictures of how you are gaining 5" extra Y travel.

Yes my machine came with all the CNC pulleys too. I just need to buy and grind to spec the ballscrews

Ballscrew and extended travel install

Well I am waiting on my "Y" axis ballscrew to get here. I got some of my parts int Solidworks.
    I put the square nut in from the Data sheet that went with my ballscrew. I also got my extension parts in to check out how I am going to do the reverse direction Gear to gear drob down to make my handle work right in manual since my ballscrew unlike the left hand Nook that they sell for the shoptask is a right hand.
    Anyways check it out someone was asking about my extend table travel .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails extendension assembly.jpg  

My Ballscrew for this "Y" axis conversion will be here Tuesday according to UPS

Quote Originally Posted by Sprint 77 View Post
    Well I am waiting on my "Y" axis ballscrew to get here. I got some of my parts int Solidworks.
    I put the square nut in from the Data sheet that went with my ballscrew. I also got my extension parts in to check out how I am going to do the reverse direction Gear to gear drob down to make my handle work right in manual since my ballscrew unlike the left hand Nook that they sell for the shoptask is a right hand.
    Anyways check it out someone was asking about my extend table travel .
    Got any pictures of the finished table extension?