586,055 active members*
4,399 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Y axis dont move

Hi all, my friend just got a chinese machine, it came with lasercut5.3, the problem is: the machine jogging nice X and Y axis pressing lasercut arrows or machine panel , but when i drawing somehing to cut the machine only move X axis cutting a line and and keep repeating the line cut..... someone can help me?

Oneeye,

It depends if you are rastering or vector cutting. Some of the Chinese software call this 'scan' or 'cut'.

In 'scan' mode the machine is going back and forth like an inkjet printer, building up the design one pixel at a time. The scan gap, lpi or dpi setting will adjust the spacing from line to line. If the speed is set too high it can skip the index step so just keeps going over the same line. The X-axis can generally move faster than the Y-axis due to inertia (depends on how your machine is configured).

If you set the job to vector cut a square and use a minimal speed, does it cut correctly?

Zax.

Quote Originally Posted by zax15uk View Post
    Oneeye,
    If you set the job to vector cut a square and use a minimal speed, does it cut correctly?

Zax.
    Hey Zax,
    it not word, if a drawing a simple circle or anything and try to cut the machine do a line cut, and keep cutting the same line in same place... it cant be cable connection problem cause when i move axis by jogging X and Y it work perfectly.

Oneeye,

I agree it is unlikely to be cable connections, but would check the speed settings. If they are too high it could cause this issue.

Zax.