586,035 active members*
3,770 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help with CNC Lathe Turret Problem after crash

Have a problem, I have a customer that tried to push the tool block into the chuck on a machine, obviously not good.

It is a Hydraulic/Servo Turret, Fanuc 0i Mate CNC Control.

When I first got there, if you pushed the index button, (normally moves the turret 1 tool at a time) it would index, but it indexes to the wrong spot, and tries to lock, but it can't because its in the wrong spot. Push it again, it moves to that same incorrect position at the next tool, and so on.

With the machine power off, he moved the turret manually to the correct position, put the power on the machine, when it came up, it locked in properly in the right spot. Pushed the Index Button, at first it would go out like it was goint to move and then not turn, and then after a while it did turn one position, but went back to being in the wrong position, and that is where it sits.

Anyone have an idea of where to start? I am used to the electric turrets, or older turrets with the limit switches in them that you can sort of fool and get it working again, but this one is not one I have worked on before. Noting is bent or damaged that I can see, its just out of line.

My regular service guy can't make it until Friday, and they have people coming to the shop Wednesday, and they need it to be working by then so I am trying to help them out.
    Thanks!

It is not going to be a quick fix like changing number, when they crash it they may twist the curvic Coupling, that is why the turret can't clamp it self in.
    I do have the information how to do it but it all in Chinese, call me at 714-938-1388 or E-mail me I can explain to you how to fix it
    Ahn Vuong
    [email protected]

hitachi ht40g

hey,

i'm having some issues with my machine. I call up tool 3 and tool 6 comes up. its off by 3 tools. Any idea how to fix this?

thanks!