586,102 active members*
2,721 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

From Old Medical Equipment

Started a router a couple months ago and progress has been slow. We quit working 72 hours a week and am down to 36/48, now I have more time but seems like no money.

It's a camera for taking pictures of x-rays, I think. Ready made with 3 axis plus a 4th next to the z axis. I took it off so I have an extra motor and screw.

I pulled off all the extra junk and am mounting it gantry style, all 3 axis on top.

Picked up some 80/20 at the surplus store where I got the camera. Cut it and made the framework. I love this stuff, adult erector set.

I got the motor driver board from E-bay with E-stop and a Breakout board. I got it wired up and tried it out. The motors are sitting on the power supply, it's a 12/12/5/5/5 vdc I got from the same suplus store. He likes to see me come in.
    I've got rotation in forward and reverse, so I'm happy.

Special Thanks to FrankG for his help, he has the same piece of equipment.

Well after almost 3 1/2 years I got busy on the hobby CNC machine. Finished wiring it up and mounted the router motor. I got tired of waiting on tools from cyberspace so i ground of the end of a bolt. Made it a square point. It cuts the foam pretty well, could be a lot smoother. Also, getting a tip for vinyl cutting.
    I cut a scorpion I had a g-code for.

Here's a short video of my machine running. A little Beethoven instead of motor noise.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqsQ-fLb01Q&feature=g-upl]My CNC - YouTube[/ame]

Looks good! I saw your diy electric furnace and it was so nice, i had to see what else you were up to! very cool!