586,116 active members*
3,455 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 11M on Hitachi Seiki VA-45 Locked in tool change

Question Fanuc 11M on Hitachi Seiki VA-45 Locked in tool change

Hi

I was using a Hitachi VA45 machining center in class. It threw a tool during a tool change operation and I hit the E-stop. When we brought the machine back up we attempted the manual procedeures to reset with no luck. I have been working with the lab tech to try and get it working, this is what we have found:

Tool change arm will rotate 180 and spindle unlock works with manual controls
    Ladder diagram shows hard overtravel in all directions, if limit switches are pressed manually it will cause alarms
    All Axis are locked
    Ladder diagram is responding to buttons and switches, machine will not
    No error codes on boards

Current Status: tool change arm is down and aligned with spindle/tool pot. Tool changer pot is locked.

Not sure if it will work, but has worked for me in past.,but try placing everything back manually with power off..

We worked on it all afternoon, talked to Faunc who mostly just confirmed what we were thinking.

I think tomorrow we are going to try pushing the arm back up and see where we get unless anyone here has a better suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by chuy View Post
    Not sure if it will work, but has worked for me in past.,but try placing everything back manually with power off..

I finally figured out how to get it working. Just in case someone needs it in the future:

The machine interlock was turned on, however by traceing the ladder diagram I found the interlock disable would turn off when the Spindle Stop button was held down. While holding the button I was able to zero-return the machine and with the button still held down I could use the tool changer manual controls to finish the tool change operation.