586,103 active members*
3,514 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Copper laser cutting machine

Hi
    I am looking for laser cutting machine with a reasonable price to cut copper with maximum thickness of 1 mm and working area around 150 x 150 cm
    Any recommendations??

any help??

any help???

I don't think a laser is ideal for cutting copper. I think you could accomplish this with a 2kw fiber laser but you won't be able to touch this with a CO2 laser. Copper would be cut far more effectively with a water jet or plasma CNC gantry robot I would guess.

Laser Photonics has a 2kw fiber laser that will cut copper http://www.laserphotonics.com/

I don't think a laser is ideal for cutting copper.
    Indeed! Copper is an excellent reflector of Infrared and conducts heat better than any metal except Silver. Not ideal candidate for laser cutting.
    Bill

Thanks all for your help

Our shop has a 2000 watt Amada CO2 laser. It cuts copper, but getting the settings just right is a pain in the bleeepdy bleep. We use our turret presses to punch copper when needed. Much much faster than a water jet, and faster and cleaner (almost no burr with good clearenses) than a plasma.

you could try a turret that runs the Wilson Wheel Pizza Cutter. depending on the geometry and your finish, it may do the trick nicely. Call Wilson Tool International. Note: I do not work for them in any way.

Re: Copper laser cutting machine

Quote Originally Posted by welly2000 View Post
    Hi
    I am looking for laser cutting machine with a reasonable price to cut copper with maximum thickness of 1 mm and working area around 150 x 150 cm
    Any recommendations??
    YAG Laser machine is suitable to cut copper, and Fiber laser cutting machine is a good choose too