586,655 active members*
2,397 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 9 of 12 7891011
    ahh I see what you mean, although im not sure I could do the milling by hand, my background is more in IT and Electronics

DJH

Hello I'm Micheal Donnellan From the West of Ireland. if any Irish person has actually imported a laser I would love to here about it.

Hi all

I'm from Bordeaux in France, working as a DP man for a laser robot manufacturer.
    It's a long time I started to design my CNC light metal router

Regards / Julien

Hello from northern Norway.

Hi DJH82uk,

I live just outside Aberystwyth, Wales, UK. I have a 1meter by 1meter home built CNC, which is used to cut wood (only). If you brought the materials and had the CAD files for a home-build CNC router, I could help you cut them.

Jason

Cool Kirch

Greetings from Denmark.
    I am a newbie to CNC, but having spending some time looking around on this forum, found lots of cool looking routers, and decided to build one myself. I am hoping a fellow Dane will be reading this and maybe give me some advise on the electronic part of the router.
    Anyway greetings to all, hope someday I will be able to give a little advice and some pictures to others wondering if they will be able to build one of those cool CNC routers.

Hello All

I'm an electronic engineer by profession and and a complete CNC / Mechanical engineering beginner ( except for a course I did at college some 20 years ago ).

I have purchased a High-Z/s-720 for PCB and small Aluminium part manufacture and hopefully some engraving. I cant get on with the software supplied so I'm going to try Mach3. Any suggestion ( however daft ) will be welcome and if anyone wants any help I can give please ask. Also if anyone wants to pop in and look at the beast / have a cup of tea / laugh at the simple mistakes I'm making/ feel free to contact me.

Russ

heya

Where you from Russ?

What software did it come with?

What controller does it use?

Do you have a lonk to info on the machine?

Tho your right in that mach3 may be the best option

DJH

Lo DJH

I'm originally from london but now live in Bitterne Southampton

the machine and software link
    http://www.cnc-step.com/englisch/htm...ng_machin.html

Heya

Thats a very nice looking machine, the trouble is, it appears to be german, pretty much all german machines i have seen use and SMC controller (smc800 etc), this is a problem, and is further confirmed by the fact that the software they sell with it is PCNC, is this the software you have?

There is very little software that will work with smc controllers, and I have never seen any that are decent.

If I were you I would confirm with them what controller they supply, and does it only work with smc signals.

If this is the case then mach3 will not work, but all is not lost, as you can always upgrade the controller in the future.

i can help you find one in the uk when that time comes.

feel free to add me to msn if you use it

[email protected]

DJH

Grettings from Castelo Branco, Portugal

JMCC

New here.
    From Northern Italy.

Ciao

another dane

Hi there
    I'm from the south of denmark, and have got help in danish:wave:
    nede fro lolland hvor roerne gror, og de gror og de gror og de gror
    Nice to see it's not all americans
    CEAndersen.dk :specialty production in stainless steel

Hi, I am a cnc nut, live in Lincolnshire and would like to meet up with other like minded individuals who may be interested in mutually helping each other with regard to self build or conversions. I have a few small cnc machines (2 lathes,1 mill and 2 routers)which are basically mechanically complete, but do not have stepper drivers, power supplies or spindle speed controllers. Would anyone like to try to organise a UK (east midlands group)? If anyone woild like to discuss this with me, my phone no is 01778 570595.
    Common sense is not so common.

Hi Geoff

Unfortunatley I live in South Wales, but if you want any help with the motors/drivers etc then give me a Pm or email or msn ([email protected])

I am a lot better with electronics than I am mechanically, but im learning.

What lathes do you have? Im thinking of getting a lathe next.

DJH

Hi Geoff

I live in Nottinghamshire, not too far away, I have my electronics sorted and running, just started my mechanical build which is coming along fine so if you want any help with your power supply etc I might be able to help. I built my own supply, using Gecko 212 for the control which I can highly recommend.

Andy

Hi
    Based in Dewsbury near Leeds - been making plasma and gas cutting machines for a loooong time. Loads of old bits at the workshop if anyone has a dead machine, we will usually swap bits for beer tokens. Also new UK built machines with PC based controllers.

Currently building a low cost plasma machine to sell in kit form, sort of a UK version of the torchmate/dynatorch stye of machine. The small machine will use integrated stepper motors from baldor, perhaps a bit expensive for hobby use but hany for business use as the electronics is in the motor housing, just needs supply voltage and step/direction. I hope to have it ready just after Christmas, thinking of using a usb camera as a scanner to follow the old style line drawings, and a wireless usb game controller as a remote control - only £20 from ebuyer.

www.bluemarlin.biz and www.techserv.co.uk for pictures of our bigger machines.

cheers

Mike

Hello from Sofia,Bulgaria.

hi

Hello from Paris , FRANCE

any CNC builder here from France ?

Helo everybody,
    here's my blog : http://rototom.hawablog.com/

best regards from France.

Page 9 of 12 7891011