586,067 active members*
5,325 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > Caught Sleeping On The Job

Caught Sleeping On The Job

I'm sitting in my office with a broken leg and my milling dept. foreman comes up and says " you got to see Todd out here " So I crutch it out to the shop and theres Todd laying on a cart running parts. The machine is set up on a constant loop and he's just milling off thousands of plastic parts. It was too funny to yell at him so I left him go and he's being productive
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 003.jpg   004.jpg  

The only problem is if he gets hurt, OHSA will have a field day with what he was doing.
    Safety first.
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Thinking it was worth the effort you put in to the crutching.......thinkin you might have mumbled "this better be good" or something to that effect, lol.
    *****Crutching hint, wear Bicycling gloves, padding really helps....spent 6 months on crutches, they were my savior.

man, face and eyes less than 1foot away from the spindle and no safety glasses? Kick that guy in the ass for me.

Yeah, no kidding. That is just dumb for a whole host of reasons. It may make money, but if someone was to ever get hurt in that situation and management knew about what was going on and didn't stop it that shop would be finished.

he looks comfy
    oh well as i always say a happy worker is a productive worker
    hell we had boring cycles where we would sit inside the machines so we could feed the tools oil but they weren't small machines like that , that would be a bit uncomfortable
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

I hate to sound like a safety nazi, but why didn't he just send the table to the front of the machine at the end of every cycle? What is that, a VF-3/4/5? The reach into those isn't bad at all. I don't get it.
    Greg

I don't think he is running a program I think he is just hand deburring something using a countersink or something similar in the spindle. Maybe the company is too cheap to buy a bench drill.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.