586,117 active members*
3,388 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Hurco/Gibbs

Hurco/Gibbs

Hello

I have a old hurco and i need to know how i can run gibbs on this machine do I need to run the master first or can I just plug in my laptop and transfer the program does anyone know it would be appreciated

Thanks

Are you talking about the output files (CAM) from Gibbs or the software?
    If you are talking about the output files, as long as you have the right post processor for the Hurco machine you can run it. It also depends upon how 'old' your Hurco is. Quite a few models in there.

I f you are talking about the software, most likely no. The cpu for the system is most likely integrated into the system. It does not have a standard OS where you can just load and run any program you want. It is not designed or set up that way.

'Plug in your laptop' with what connection and port? If the CPU connected to the 'old' Hurco is much older it may not support USB but some form of serial/parallel port connection. Don't know your system so cannot tell you.

Gibbs like most CAD/CAM applications have some fairly high system requirements. I would look up the specs for the version of Gibbs you are running.