586,096 active members*
3,378 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy Beaver NC5-ATC

Hi
    I'm after programming & repair manuals for a Beaver NC5 with Anilam Crusader II control. An old machine but in general works well. It has developed a number of little quirks that need sorting, but don't have the books. Can anyone help with info.

What kind of quirks? I may be able to e-mail a trouble shooting guide to you.

The speed control has packed up. Its got the old danfoss inverter on the back. Need to trouble shoot, but dont know where to start. The spidle motor is currently injected with dc as the brake. I believe the spindle contactor changes over from ac to dc. but is continuously energised so in the dc state. The speed and tool number display on the head and in the beaver control box have died. There seems to be two air clutches in the spindle drive gear train. The rear one is connected but the front one isn't. any ideas as to where it connects to. As you may have guessed I bought it at an auction so have no idea of its history. But saying that every thing else works fine. Any help would be appreciated.
    Paul

Crusader 2

I guess I should have specified. Sorry to get your hopes up. I was referring to the Anilam Crusader 2 controller. I wish I had the machine manual you need.

Hi,CRAZYRICH,do you know something about Beaver service? I need some spare parts but can't any companies having deals with it,could you help me please... thank you in advance