586,082 active members*
3,613 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

TL1 New Software

Just got back from vacation to find Haas Engineer has been in and "updated" the software on our TL1. Suddenly no Quick Code or VQC.which we used all the time. Called Haas and was informed that software cannot be rolled back and no info available.
    Can this be right?
    Haas seem totally disinterested in our predicament.

My first comment is that if your paid for Quick Code and CQC and someone from your machine supplier is responsible for deleting them and will not rectify the matter I would start making transatlantic phone calls to Haas head office. Or send a PM to Haas Apps who posts here on CNCzone; you will find he started a thread entitled Trying To Help a little while back.

The second comment is that the files for Quick Code and VQC should both be on the floppy or usb memory stick you got with the machine when it was purchased. If you have not seen thise have a look inside the control cabinet on the back of the machine you may find them in a little pocket on the inside of the door.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Software

redsid66,
    I have just sent an email to your dealer to find out what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by redsid66 View Post
    Just got back from vacation to find Haas Engineer has been in and "updated" the software on our TL1. Suddenly no Quick Code or VQC.which we used all the time. Called Haas and was informed that software cannot be rolled back and no info available.
    Can this be right?
    Haas seem totally disinterested in our predicament.

Haas Apps

Thank you for response to my post, I can hopefully expect a call from my local Haas dealer. The new software that was installed has some very helpful improvements, but I can't understand why Quick Code has to be sacrificed to install it when, in my opinion, Quick Code is one thing that makes this machine so versatile,and sets it apart from other machines of this type.
    Is there no prospect of the new software with Quick Code included?

redsid66

QC

I got an email from your dealer this morning and he was not sure about who you are. He did mention that he spoke with someone today - maybe it was not you. If you have not heard from them, please call them or if you want you can email me all your details and I will see to it that they call you. [email protected]
    We have looked at QC with the new software and they do not play well together. We do have some things in the works that may take its place and allow the same functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by redsid66 View Post
    Haas Apps

Thank you for response to my post, I can hopefully expect a call from my local Haas dealer. The new software that was installed has some very helpful improvements, but I can't understand why Quick Code has to be sacrificed to install it when, in my opinion, Quick Code is one thing that makes this machine so versatile,and sets it apart from other machines of this type.
    Is there no prospect of the new software with Quick Code included?

redsid66