586,113 active members*
3,207 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Spindle turn slow(Tsugami - Fanuc 6T)

Spindle turn slow(Tsugami - Fanuc 6T)

Hi,

I recently changed the memory card on my Tsugami Lathe because I got a ROM error. The controller is a Fanuc 6T, version 4

It seem that the cluch of the spindle is not engaged when I start the machine. When I start the spindle (around S2000), the spindle turn at around 50RPM and I'm able to stop it with my hand. The RPM indicater is at 2000RPM. So I think the cluck is not engaged and the spindle turn with a little friction of the clutch. Do you know what cause that?

I have a second problem concerning the tool change. The turret disangaged,turn, re-engaged and then the turret alarm ligth on. I must to restart the controller to close the turret light.

Please help me. The company that sold me the memory card told me that it's not the fault of the card. Maybe a parameter or a setting.

Thanks

In my archive there is a ladder from Tsugami/Fanuc6TA and it shows PMC parameter 600.4 for the spindle clutch(if not set, use param. 3001 to set it). Please note, that your machine can be different
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spc.jpg  

Ok, I found the 600.4 in the diagnostic page. It give 0. That's means that the spindle clutch is off like you said.

So, What must I do not active the spindle clutch. In the ladder, I have a reference to OP5.

Do you think that the new memory card cause this problem?

Thanks

Changing memory card by itself should not make a problem, because these PMC parameters are stored in the bubble memory card.
    BUT, the machine I have this backup from, was with PMC-A, and the EPROMs are located on the ROM board you have changed. Check if the same PMC eprom is installed as before.
    To set PMC parameters, the best way is to find the original book with the ladder, at the beginning or at the end there must be list of parameters for your particular machine. If PMC parameters need change, you can enter the values trough 3001 for 600, 3002 for 601 etc. (MDI, PRM ENABLE SWITCH=ON, PARAM twice, N3001 input, P<your new value> input)

Wow thanks, it turn

I did'nt know about pressing PARAM twice.

Unfortunately, it's not my only problem. I have trouble concerning the tool changing. The turret disangage, turn, re-engaged and fall in turret alarm (the turret light goes ON). However, the turret lock correctly. I must to restart the controller to use this new turret position.

Can you help me for that. I supposed that it's the same kind of problem.

Thanks

There is no keep relay for turret rotation, most probably position/in-position switches need adjustment.
    Keep relays I have are:
    600.0 - bar feeder
    600.1 - live center
    600.3 - live tool (spindle 2)
    600.4 - spindle index/clutch
    600.6 - work exchange

Ok I found the problem about the turret

That was the timers setting. There was all set to 0.

Thanks for the ladder learning

HI AM NEW TO THIS LOOKING FOR ANYONE THAT CAN HELP ME . TURRET INTEX LAMP COMES ON AFTER EACH INDEX. IS THERE ANY ONE THAT MAY HAVE PARAMETERS FOR THI MACHINE TSUGAMI CNC 2 AXIS WITH FANUC 6T CONTROLI THINK ITS A TB CONTROL
    MAYBE MISSING SOME PC- PARAMETERS. MACHINE WAS RUNNING HAS SPINDLE ALARM FIXED THAT PROMBLE NOW THIS
    THANK YOU
    DENDEN