586,655 active members*
3,009 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamBam > Sketchup to CamBam Plugin

Smile Sketchup to CamBam Plugin

(I posted this on the CamBam forums but forgot that there was a place on CNCzone for it too. Whoops!)

Here is a plugin I wrote for Sketchup which will add the option for exporting CamBam files.

I uploaded it to my website because it is a lot easier to keep things up to date when everything is in one spot. The link is http://cerebralmeltdown.com/cncstuff...cambam_export/

Aside from easy access to Sketchup's drawing capabilities, what's also nice about this plugin is the fact that it makes the models uploaded to the Sketchup 3D warehouse more easily accessible for CNC machines. I also like the fact that there is one less file to keep track of because it exports directly to a .cb file, so there is no dxf in between Sketchup and CamBam to get in the way.

It doesn't really do anything with the 3D models, but if you find or make a 2D face, you should be able to export it without trouble.

The plugin has been working very well for me, but, if you have any trouble with it, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Make sure you read the tips at the bottom of page at the above link first though if you do need to troubleshoot because it could be that the answer is there.

Thanks,
    Gabriel

Thank you for sharing you work.

I know this is an older thread but I can't get into his site for some reason and I'd like the plugin. If anyone out there has it please let me know I'd like to get a copy.

Gabriel.....if you are still out there....what's up with your site!? I used to go there a lot but it seems to be down.

mlabruyere,

The Plugins are still available for download however I took the liberty of posting them here for your convenience.

http://cerebralmeltdown.com/cncstuff...rt/default.htm

See attached zip files,

Jeff...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by jalessi View Post
    mlabruyere,

The Plugins are still available for download however I took the liberty of posting them here for your convenience.

http://cerebralmeltdown.com/cncstuff...rt/default.htm

See attached zip files,

Jeff...
    Thanks Jeff....I guess his site was just down for maintanence last night....I couldn't access it via IE and it wasn't responding to pings.

Pings normal this morning.