586,080 active members*
3,688 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Closed file without saving G-Code!!

Closed file without saving G-Code!!

Hi Folks,

I have had Turbocad 14 Pro Platinum, with the CadCam plug in for some time. I've been with TC since V7 Pro and have loved it. So when I got into CNC, it was only natural to get the TCC plug in, and it's been a real disappointment to say the least! It's clunky "someone said", poor documentation among other things...well my problem.

I closed a file I was working on without saving the G-Code, assuming all my setting like machine setup, tools, tool paths, etc... would be saved with the file also. But when I reopen the file all my setting are gone!! The part is still there showing the cut part with the tool paths showing but that's it. No machine setting or anything... just a blank Cam window. Is there anyway get this info back or am I going to have to start over??

I see a lot of threads about a post processor for TCC and Mach 3 but no real answers to the questions. My self I just save the G-Code to notepad and load it from Mach 3.

Any help is appreciated,

Curtis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TCC.jpg  

similar problem

My problem is I saved g code then the drawing, packed up and went home, came back the next morning and g code won't open with tcad file that has all the tool paths over it, even the deleted mistakes I hoped not to deal with agian
    (they still won't delete)(I am thinking of moving the drawing to a new section on the grid).
    so I loaded the g file it showed on the drawing about 100 time smaller than the original, and the tool data and operation tree all gone.....

Help drowning here
    John