586,655 active members*
2,645 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Hey Shoprag!

I won't be able to make it to the Indy course, unfortunately; I've got so much on the go I wouldn't get clearance to make the trip anyway, however, I appreciate the invite!

F-bu:
    I understand what you're saying, but you should have more faith in my and my colleagues' abilities! We're big on delving into the gut of machines and controller where I work. We've done all kinds of things the OEMs said we "shouldn't" and "couldn't" and all have worked out really well. I have a very talented Electrician who is great at ladder, and once I have the concept for the M-codes and see the execution of a couple of them, we will be able to do this no problem.

We are the Crack Team at work for a reason; there's no stopping us once we set our minds to something. RIght now, we're set on writing our own M-codes.

Thanks for the help, Shoprag. I am sure I'll have a few more questions in the future, and I'll be back when I do (later today, maybe, even!)

Adam

if you still think you/your crack team are so great... than we can not help

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool; avoid him.
    He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a student; teach him.
    He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep; wake him.
    He who knows and knows that he knows is a wise man; follow him.
    Sir Richard Burton, Anonymous Arabic Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by f-bu View Post
    if you still think you/your crack team are so great... than we can not help
    f-bu; I don't want this to degenerate into a flame war; that's not what I'm here for.

I don't particularly remember YOU as being any help in the first place; Shoprag has done all the teaching here. I am the "student" in that proverb you cite; I know I don't know, but I want to know. Thankfully, Shoprag is teaching me.

My point was even though what you said about "being a danger" is correct, I am confident that with the right information my team and I can beat this problem.

If you don't wish to help out or teach me, or wish to continue to slight me and my colleagues' abilities, then that's okay. However, I would ask you kindly not to talk for everyone in the thread.

Thanks.

Shoprag:

Thanks for the help so far.

I just wanted to give a big THANK YOU to everyone who helped me on this project, especially Shoprag!

Thanks to all your help, I have now successfully implemented three new M-Codes on my slotting machine! :banana:

I'm sure I will be doing many more to come, now that I understand the concept and can interpret the OEM's ladder a lot better.

Thanks a lot, folks!:cheers:

Hmm its been a while, but, I've done the M code deal and its not as hard as all make it sound here.
    The manual will tell what 8000 or 9000 number you can use for the different number of G or M codes I don't remember if it is 9000 or 8000 numbers, just haven't dealt with it in years now. But simply put you put what ever number M program contents in the proper 9 or 8 k address deally, and everytime you call MX X meaning the proper number, it goes and executes that program. And the program can be anything from a macro to what ever. Even calling other G and M codes from with in it. Its really pretty easy. Don't have to deal with ladder logic or what ever.

Page 2 of 2 12