586,111 active members*
3,097 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > Hurco ATC arm Problem

Hurco ATC arm Problem

We currently have a Hurco VM1, it seems like there is some type of limiter on the rotation of the arm. The arm doesn't rotate far enough the pick up the tool, but once it alarms out I can push the arm the last 1/4" to make everything line up. The Hurco service tech that I talked to doesn't seem to have any idea of what is going on. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jake

HURCO VM1 for ATC unit still using air system, have 2 air cylinder for 0-60 degres and or 180 degres, so i think your machine have problem on 60 degres rotates, sound like your linear gear on atc unit for 60 degres run out, because you can still push for make line up with tool, meaning the linear gear end move but your arm can't end to 60 degres and the alarm show on your machine. This problem happen to my machine last time ago, so i dismantle ATC unit and set-up the position of linear gear (for 60 degres ) and my machine back normal. ( sorry my bad english )

Have you got enough oil in the little pot on the side of the toolchanger? 32-37 hydraulic oil (Tellus or similar). Is the toolchange height correct? Will it complete a toolchange without tools in it? Is your air pressure sufficient (100psi)?
    It takes 20 mins to adjust the 60 degree switch on these things.

VM1 Tool Arm

Quote Originally Posted by mpi View Post
    We currently have a Hurco VM1, it seems like there is some type of limiter on the rotation of the arm. The arm doesn't rotate far enough the pick up the tool, but once it alarms out I can push the arm the last 1/4" to make everything line up. The Hurco service tech that I talked to doesn't seem to have any idea of what is going on. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jake

Jake Please call Hurco Tech support 800 638-1849 and I can help

Call Steve, I just got through this about 6 months ago with him. You will be back up and running soon.
    Jetski (alias Tooling and Engineering Czar)
    "I may not have the keys to success.. but I have learned to pick the locks"