586,609 active members*
3,647 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > help with posting

help with posting

Hi we have had mastercamx2 in the shop for awhile now but have not ever used it before. We are now trying to use it and we have it installed and ready to go, but we can not get it to post to any of our machines any one have any ideas to get this up and running for us. thanks

Might help to know what your machine is.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

we are trying to use it with our doosan diamond series DMV 3016Ld and it has a fanuc oi-mc controller. we can post from mastercam 8 to it but we cant get x2 to do it.

OK... is this a Mill or a Lathe? Did you update the V8 post to X2? What Post are you using? What's it doing/not doing? Have you ever been fir training on Mastercam X? Might not be the post. It might just be the way your doing things.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Mfg
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More

it is a mill. As far as i know we haven't upgraded the post. How would we be able to do that? I'm the only one with any training on using mastercamx2 and i have very little just what i learned from two years of machining in high school. I dont know what post we are using all i know about the post is that it works with mastercam 8 and posts to both are diamond that i mentioned and our chevalier.

Go to this link and enter your name and email address and I'll send you a link to view V9 to Mastercam X Update Videos. We've just added 16 new videos to our free video library.

http://www.tipsformanufacturing.com/...e_samples.html

Mike Mattera

Ok we followed the video and got our post updated now when we do try and post on the drawing page it gives and error bad communication...COM1 we checked everything and its all plugged in. On the transfer page it says Parity error. Do you know how we could fix this problem. Thanks for all your help so far. Ok now i got the errors taken care of but the computer thinks it is sending but then both are machines alarm out with an 085 communication error. Do you know how to fix this?

thanks

Maybe You fixed it, maybe not. But here's my answer to your problem anyway. Alarm 085 is a Fanuc alarm for buffer overflow. You can fix this by setting the baudrates correct. Parity should be even, Stopbits 2, Data bits 7. Xon/Xoff .
    Machine and Software needs to be the same. I myself use 4800. Never had any problems. If you then still get the 085 alarm check your Com port settings in your PC. When the PC is sending and the Fanuc issues an Xoff, the PC must stop sending within 10 characters or else a "Buffer overflow" alarm will happen. Many DNC systems can't react to Xoff fast enough, and you may have to turn down or disable the FIFO buffer in the serial port. Right-click on "My computer", select "Manage", then "Device Manager", then click the "+" next to "Ports (COM and LPT)". Then, right-click on your COM port, select "Properties", then "Port Settings", then "Advanced". Turn the "Transmit buffer" to it's lowest setting, then click OK many times to exit all menus. That should help eliminate the "Buffer overflow" alarms with most DNC software. But first make sure the settings in your DNC software matches those in your machine before.
    You should check the FANUC section on cnc zone as well under the "Machine Controller Software and Solutions".
    Good Luck

Your link isn't working.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com