586,062 active members*
4,818 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Bad coolant pump and monitor in Partner 1?

Bad coolant pump and monitor in Partner 1?

Hi,

Been going through a Partner 1 I bought for my university. Two remianing issues:
    1) I plugged the coolant pump and hit the flood switch, nothing happened. I expected the motor to spin up. There's no coolant in it, but I don't see a float switch in there anywhere. I tried the same using M08 and M09.

2) Yesterday the monitor started clicking like it was briefly losing power or something. Anybody had this issue.

Thanks!

In many cases the flood pump will not turn on without the spindle being on. Please turn on the spindle and then try and turn the flood pump on. If you are still having the issue, please check the fuses inside the electrical cabinet.
    It sounds like the CRT may be failing. You can test this by connecting an external monitor. There is a CRT cable coming from the machine that plugs into the existing monitor, remove this cable from the existing monitor and reinstall to the external monitor.

Yep, spindle has to be on. Figured it out this afternoon when looking through the schematic, the pump relay can't energize if the spindle isn't on.

I'll prepare for a CRT failure.

One other issue is that the table kinda jumps at one point in it's travel. I hit the e-stop near that point and took off the servo cover to move the table through that point by hand. It moves smoothly so I don't think it's a mechanical issue. It only occurs at one point on the x-axis travel so I would not have thought that this would be a an encoder issue...assuming they are rotary encoders and a problem would cyclical. The table isn't anywhere near it's limits so I wouldn't think it would be a limit switch either. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

It could be a ball comp issue. Save the machine parameters and then delete the ball comp file for the X axis. Otherwise it may be a bad screw.

Turned off ball comp and it went away. The ball comp file didn't have any strange entries, like off by a decimal or something. Not sure why it was flubbing.