586,115 active members*
3,397 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Ahh Haa.....
    Figured out the problem with the A Axis. When I first started testing them with TurboCnC, I ran the software in windows. I started my machine in DOS mode ran the software and WaLa, It worked.

Well,
    Got my MDF, and put off working with it for a couple weeks. Finally started cutting. I must say, this stuff is great to work with. I'll post pics later, on my progress.

BTW. For those that think you need a truck to haul 4'x8' sheets of this stuff home (that would be the excuse I used for a couple weeks), Home Depot sells 2'x4' sheets. It's a little more expensive, but I got 6 sheets into the trunk of my car...no problem.

George

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye
    Well,
    Got my MDF, and put off working with it for a couple weeks. Finally started cutting. I must say, this stuff is great to work with. I'll post pics later, on my progress.

BTW. For those that think you need a truck to haul 4'x8' sheets of this stuff home (that would be the excuse I used for a couple weeks), Home Depot sells 2'x4' sheets. It's a little more expensive, but I got 6 sheets into the trunk of my car...no problem.

George
    Yeah, MDF is fun to work - easy too! Just wear a mask... :stickpoke

Looking forward to some construction pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye
    Well,

George
    They have a panel saw and will cut it for you for a small charge ... I built an entertainment center for my mom that way. Just use a saber swa to cut some curves and it's a nice time saver not to have to cut all those panels. the operator even took the saw kerf into account ... Lowes (my preference) sport the same setup.

FWIW,
    Jay

Page 2 of 2 12