586,058 active members*
4,518 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: HURCO BMC20

Unhappy HURCO BMC20

I HAVE A BMC20 WITH MOTION ERROR DETECTED ON Y, WHEN I TRY TO RUN IN AUTO.IT RAN FINE YESTERDAY AND I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS ERROR. ANY HELP PLEASE
    THANKS STEVE

I have the same mill I'm trying to get up and running, so I'll start you down the road I've gone down. Power up with the doors open, you need to look at your servo drives, they are on the bottom of the right side cabinet. Look at the middle one of the three, XYZ left to right, what does the 7 segment LED say? Dash-Dot(-.) is normal. There are also 3 LED's beneath the segmented LED, which are lit? The bottom 2(P and MP) should be green if the amp is properly energized and ready to go. I will paste a link to the manual for your drive, compare the troubleshooting info to your current condition. There are much more knowledgeable guys on this forum, I just happen to be going through the same issue as we speak. Let me know how it goes. Go to page 43

http://www.yaskawa.com/site/dmservo.nsf/(DocID)/TKUR-5EJMLW/$File/TSE-S800-2.1J.pdf

THANKS I BEEN LOOKING FOR A BOOK,WHEN THIS MACHINE RUNS IT IS FLAWLESS,BUT IF IT DON'T WANT TO START, IT WON'T TILL MAYBE THE NEXT DAY.
    THANKS STEVE

Good Luck Steve, I've been researching what my most reliable and most inexpensive options are for replacing one of these drives without making major changes; when I figure it out, I will let you know just in case your issue is more than just intermittent and you too have to replace your drive. Keith.