586,094 active members*
4,112 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Lathes > Bar Feeder Program for Haas SL-20

Bar Feeder Program for Haas SL-20

We're getting a SL-20 with a bar feeder and I don't know how to program the bar feed. Can anyone help???

After running a program I know I can make a subprogram to position a stop, open the chuck, feed the bar into the stop, close the chuck and then go to the part program. But, how do I check for a bar and does anyone have a sample??

Need help soon.

Thanks in advance!!!

First you do a G105 Q4 in mdi mode to jog to a reference point, it will load a bar, measure and push it into your spindle. Jog the bar until it comes all the way through the chuck to how much stock you want left out, I typically give it about an 1/8". Then in current commands screen, page up or down to your barfeeder page, in the top 2 values I put in face stock+ part length+cutoff length, reclamp chuck, go back into mdi and do a G105 Q2, it will then advance your part out to that value. Set your Z offset and off you go. In the end of your program you are just gonna put a G105 then an M99 to keep looping your program. If you come across a program where you need an additional push, put a G105 Jxxx.xxx (additional length).

You can download the barfeeder manual off the website. We have had great luck with ours. Just one thing, maybe its just ours, but the Q4 function seems to work with the push rod in the unloaded posistion, Q6 I think.

Thanks

Thanks for the tips. We should get the lathe next week. It is a Haas SL-20 with Servo 300 bar feeder.