586,594 active members*
2,865 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki lathes > SL-35 And A Dumb Redneck From Iowa! LOL!

Question SL-35 And A Dumb Redneck From Iowa! LOL!

Hello everyone,

I posted yesterday that I am needing any useful Manuals that may help me learn to operate, programm, and understand A Mori Seiki SL-35 With a T6 Controller. I tried MEAU.com, and I haven't came up with anything. Anyone got anymore suggestions? I presently am running this machine by a parts procedure book, that is step by step instructions for setting up and running a specific part-what I am wanting is UNDERSTAND what Im doing instead.
    Thank you so much for your time and input, This site is great!

I don't have the fanuc or Mori operation manuals for that, but a MF-T6 controller is a Fanuc 16, probably model a or b. Should be some kind of fanuc class you could take, the actual fanuc manuals are hard to learn from.

Let me know or confirm whether it is a Mits or a Fanuc 16, If Fanuc I can help.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

No way, no how is it a Mits. All SLXX machines are fanuc, (very few Yasnac) all SLXX0, andSLXX3 are Fanuc, only SL with Mits are slXX4.

MY on the prefix is Mori Yasnac
    MF on the prefix is Mori Fanuc

MF-M4 or MF-T4 is a 0 control
    MF-M6 or MF-T6 is a 16

MSC516 is a 16, or 16i
    MSC518 is a 18, or 18i
    MSC521 is a 21, or i

MSC801 and 802,803, those are Mits.

This Machine is Very Easy to run i wouldn't worry about fanuc its very easy to run this machine from conversational program and you can translate that right to G-code thats the fastest and simplest way to run this machine

Talking Thanks Guys!!

Again, I Thank you all for your Help! It is a MF T6 B , and I will definately dig some more and await anything else you can give me! So appriciated!

Quote Originally Posted by cpayne2k10 View Post
    This Machine is Very Easy to run i wouldn't worry about fanuc its very easy to run this machine from conversational program and you can translate that right to G-code thats the fastest and simplest way to run this machine
    Conversational program? On a SL35? I think you are wrong. Only newer MAPS controls have conversational.

Yes they do the SL-35 Where i make has conversational controll where you can directly operate the program or translate conversational to g-code or you can run just g-code we run direct opperation because its faster and simplier i the machine i now run we translate from capps to g code

Worked for Mori for years. SL35 never had caps, maybe Fapt, but never Caps. Mori didn't start the Maps panels until tripple digit machines.