586,655 active members*
2,930 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question macro in excel

Hi Everyone
    I have to write a macro program for a funuc Lathe and that machine does not have macro option, so i was thinking to write macro in excel then output to word or something, i know it,s quite possible but I never
    used excel or visual basic before, if you guys can share your experience
    with excel or sample programs. I be really thankful
    thanks everybody in advance for your time

I don't know lathe G-Code, but this thread may be of interest.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...7&goto=newpost

right direction

thanks Kiwi , that gave me little bit better idea, how that macro works in excel or in visual basic

Mike,
    What kind of Fanuc control is on the lathe? It might be worth getting macroB option on the control vs. having to convert from excel.

Stevo

Excel, The poor Man's Parametric!

Mike,
    I have done a bit of programing in Excel and I love it. It isn't a replacement for parametric programing but for many applications it is simply awesome. The last project involved an Omniturn gang tool lathe, 7 home made quick change tooling plates, and 158 programs that stay resident in the control at all times.
    After writing the first program, I identified all the lines that had information specific to the tool or the part. On separate Excel sheets sheet I built a table with all of the tool data and a table with the part data.
    For all of the lines with variables used specific cells in the formulas and copied and pasted info from the 2 tables into those cells. I did 10 programs and tested them then gave it to my daughter and she wrote the other 140+ in less than 2 hours.
    In the world of excel I doubt I could even be called a hack so I won't try to explain the programing logic. There are dozens of on line classes / resources for Excel and many are worth while. Make the time and take on or two. After that check out the Clemson University Physics Lab Excel Tutorial. http://phoenix.phys.clemson.edu/tutorials/excel/ It is one of the best resources for advanced math function I have ever used. All of the algebraic and trig functions you will ever need explained in a clear concise manner.
    If you send me your email address in a private message I will send you an example of the simple programing project described above.

Regards,

Bob J