586,111 active members*
3,232 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Viper Servo drives > warning light on one drive

warning light on one drive

I'm getting acclimated with hyper-terminal and the campbell board/Mach3 settings and have the low voltage side of the drives running temporarily from my laptop to test the limit switches etc. Anyhow, starting Mach3 and jogging (with no HV to the drives), On the Z drive only, after jog the axes up, or hit the estop the red warning light starts blinking about twice a second . Onlt the Z axes does it though and switching it to one of the other axes doesn't change anything. Jogging it down seems OK. Programming is the same for all three drives and the setting is the same from what I can tell in Mach3. Makes me think it is something with the drive? Any suggestions? How does one tell wether this is a slow-medium- or fast blink? Thanks much all. Wayne
    YCM-40 converted from anilam to Mach3 and lovin it.

Sounds like the Range setting is doing its job. As you are hitting the end of travel, the encoder error is increasing. Once it exceeds the r setting, it will flash an error. It also could be the current warning setting (yellow Led with trimpot adjustment).
    You have to get use to knowing the flashing speed by experimenting. I am adding a read command that displays the error in my next s/w version.

Are you able to jog it both directions ok when not near a limit ?

[QUOTE=Larken;664544]. I am adding a read command that displays the error in my next s/w version.
    QUOTE]
    Hi Larken,

Is it possible for the "used to upload" / or is it factory only update.

Atb
    Derek

I should have field upgradeable firmware in a few months, but for now they have to be flashed on my bench.

Larry