586,643 active members*
2,681 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Gecko Drives > What is the preferred xml file to use on a G540 running a plasma table?

What is the preferred xml file to use on a G540 running a plasma table?

Greetings all.

The G540 xml file available on the Geckodrive website moves my table as I would expect. It has the mill screens--problem is that I need the Plasma screens. But it does not load the Plasma screens that Mach3 has available.

When I load the Mach3 Plasma xml (included with Mach3) I get the Plasma screens that are very nice, but this xml will not run the G540 as needed. A jog to the Y axis moves the Z Axis. A jog to the Z axis moves the "A" axis. The X axis will not move regardless. (This is NOT a simple issue of changing the pin outs under "Ports and Pins". They have identical settings when I load each of the xml files.)

I called Gecko support and they explained that the xml file on their G540 support page was provided by someone associated with Mach3 and they could not support it as they were not familiar with it.

Perhaps there is a kind person reading this that can direct me to an xml file that will run Mach3 for Plasma use with the G540 Geckodrive.

Thanks in advance.
    Jerry Rigger

Plasma Screens are still available regardless of xml loaded.

Tom from Candcnc helped me with the answer to my problem. I can load the g540 xml file and then select the plasma screens under mach3. This will allow me to have the correct configuration and have the screens that I need. Tom was sure nice to talk with me. I will be buying my future hardware from him.

Thanks all.