586,067 active members*
4,904 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EMCO PCTurn55 and EMCO PCMill50

Hi all,

First I'd like to say that if this is posted in the wrong section, please feel free to move it to the right section.

Here is the deal, I have 4 Emco PCTurn55 machines and 3 Emco PCMill50 machines. I have the Fanuc0 keyboards for the Turn55 machines.

The run fine on Windows 98, but I am trying to upgrade my lab to run machines that have Windows XP on them, mostly so I can run higher end CAD software (without the need for twice the amount of computers).

From what I have heard it is possible to run these machines on Windows XP machines, but I am struggling to work out how. I have purchased the latest versions of WinCAM and WinNC32 from EMCO.

I do not want to pay the ridiculous fee to upgrade the Turn55 machines, and the Mill50 machines are not upgradeable at all (from what I understand, thouhg I am not 100% sure of this).

Here are my questions, hopefully someone can answer them.

0. Has any one done this? If so how?

1. Is it possible to run these machines/software over standard RS232 com ports, or do I have to use the EMCO RS485 ISA card? Is there a place to get some more technical related information on the ISA card?

2. Does the EMCO RS485 ISA card have a windows XP (or 9x for that matter) driver?

3. Is there an openSource version of WinCAM and/or WinNC32 that will work with these machines?

Lutiana,

Did you ever get any answers to your questions? I would be interested in hearing what you found out as I am also faced with this dilemna.

Thanks,
    Lan

Hi windows 98 is it thats as high as you can go on these machines with the Emco control
    & you need the RS485 boards the 55 is different from the 50 machine, unless you do a different control which you then can use windows XP then

But these machines run very well on the windows 98 If you need some Mother boards I have some new & used Intel boards
    Mactec54