586,608 active members*
3,676 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

High Density Urethane foam

Does anyone have pricing info for high density urethane foam in 4x8 sheets and at say 1", 2", and 3" thicknesses? (or whatever sizes/thicknesses you have info on) what pound foam would be acceptable for indoor signs? what about outdoor?

thanks,
    dennis

I just bought a 4'X8'X2" sheet for $538. We are going to use it out side but I am not sure of the weight. The 3" sheet was over $1000! I literally fell off my stool when I heard that! That stuff is not cheap! If you are going to mount the sign inside and away from wear and tear, I would carve it out of foam insulation.

uh, wow. not really hobby-level pricing.... oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by groomden View Post
    Does anyone have pricing info for high density urethane foam in 4x8 sheets and at say 1", 2", and 3" thicknesses? (or whatever sizes/thicknesses you have info on) what pound foam would be acceptable for indoor signs? what about outdoor?

thanks,
    dennis
    High densiity P.U Foam !!! I have loads of the stuff which is: 6" to 8" thick in 4 foot x 6 foot slabs. I'm located in England and can supply slabs or off-cuts at a mere fraction of manufacturers cost. I cut the stuff-up.

Now you no longer have to buy full sheets of Precision Board/HDU. We have various densities and thicknesses to choose in a range of sizes from 12" x"12" to 24"x 48". Currently the site only calculates shipping to the USA but if you are interested you can look at the site for the product cost then email me direct for shipping cost. If you don't see what you need, just let me how much you would order and how frequently and I will consider adding. My aim would be to offer a full spectrum of product to be ship no later then next business day. I am currently stocking Coastal Enterprises Precision Board Plus but will consider other manufacturers if demand is there.

Thanks
    Lonnie Weyant
    email - [email protected]
    Web Site - InterStateHDU.com