586,080 active members*
3,485 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > GibbsCAM > Gibbs Postprocessors
Page 1 of 2 12

Gibbs Postprocessors

I'm CAM engineer and one of my hobbies is a postprocessor writing. I have done postprocessors for Simens, Maho, Fadal and Heidenhain controls. So if you need new GibbsCAM postprocessor or you need customization give me a mail. Anyway don't hesitate to ask.

[email protected]

What is the charge per post. I have Cincinnati machines with Acramatic 850 and 950 controls.

In postprocessor business there is one basic rule. 1 axis cost is $1000. That means 3 axis cnc post is $3000. Of course the price is depending on level of customisation and CAM type. There is $1000 per post or even free for 3 axis postprocessors. But these post needs customisation or are meant for CAM software that is new on market or is not big fish (low level CAM).
    My postprocessor price comes from time I spend on writing it. Usually it is $400...600. Depending on CAM type.

Quote Originally Posted by timoty View Post
    I'm CAM engineer and one of my hobbies is a postprocessor writing. I have done postprocessors for Simens, Maho, Fadal and Heidenhain controls. So if you need new GibbsCAM postprocessor or you need customization give me a mail. Anyway don't hesitate to ask.

[email protected]
    Don't know if you're serious or not, but I could use one for Virtual Gibbs 8 to Haas TM-1. Please let me know if you have something for this. Thanks graciously!

Quote Originally Posted by thesaurian View Post
    Don't know if you're serious or not, but I could use one for Virtual Gibbs 8 to Haas TM-1. Please let me know if you have something for this. Thanks graciously!
    Hi

Do you need post for 3axis vertical mill? Is there Haas or Heidenhain control? Do you use inch or metric system? Please give me your e-mail. Maybe I have ready for action post.

Best regards.
    Timoty

Any post I have I do not mind sharing if inturn you send a copy of yours. My e-mail is: [email protected] .

Quote Originally Posted by timoty View Post
    Hi

Do you need post for 3axis vertical mill? Is there Haas or Heidenhain control? Do you use inch or metric system? Please give me your e-mail. Maybe I have ready for action post.

Best regards.
    Timoty
    It is a Haas Tm-1 with a Haas control.

test program

Hi

I created a test programs and posted g-codes. Test the g-codes and tell me what suits you best. After that we can do buisness.

Timoty
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by J. Vitanza View Post
    Any post I have I do not mind sharing if inturn you send a copy of yours. My e-mail is: [email protected] .
    I don't know if I have anything that you may want, but if you have a working post processor for Gibbs to work with a Haas TM-1 I'll help you out however I can!

Do you have a POST for a Takisawa ex-910 mill turn machine. The control is a FANUC 18i-TB. (X, Y, Z, C - main spindle, & A - subspindle.) If you do not have one available, do you have a pU5 template?

Thanks

No

do you have a hurco max 32 post or do you know where i could find one

Hi

Yes I have some Hurco ultimax posts. What is tehe CNC machine it goes for. Send me GibbsCAM testprogram in 7 version and I will post the G-code and will send to you for testing. If I do not have the right post, I can write the custom postprocessor.

Best regards
    Timoty

Hi Tim

Do you have a post for hyundai kia skt21Lm using fanuc oi t controller?

Hi

No

I am looking for a post processor for gibbs cam for the following controls fadal vmc15, hass lathe, funuc 16i-t for gildemester swiss type.

If you need to modify those posts, mail me. Maybe I can help. If you cant find right post for you, i can write it. All yours custom needs included.

[email protected]

Tim

Life

Certainly you can use post that can be found at internet sites. The problem is, can those post satisfy your needs. Let me tell of my experience of Gibbs post. My company got a new CNC mill. From GibbsCAM reseller we got a post. It worked but not the way we wonted. So we asked the reseller to modify post. They did it twice. And we weren’t still happy. They gave up and sent us Compost so that we could do all the modifications. I did. Now we have version 10-th of post that fits exactly to our needs.

[QUOTE=They gave up and sent us Compost so that we could do all the modifications[/QUOTE]

Yes, but im not sure your allowed to then offer your services on postprocessors for payment on the internet.

I would check with your reseller if thats ok, since postprocessors are maybe part of their income ?

Hi Burgerboy, your link does not work anymore, can you update it?

Page 1 of 2 12