586,123 active members*
3,242 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Okuma Transfer Problem

Hello all, I'm new to this forum but have used it for years for information, so thanks for that!

My current problem revolves around an Okuma LT10M Lathe with an OSP U100L Control. I purchased a DNC software (Spectrum Multi-DNC to be exact) and so far I have been able to tranfer a program from the OSP U100L to the PC, but unable to send a program from the PC back to the OSP.
    I have checked and double checked the parameters in the OSP and the PC, and have also ensured my program format was correct. When I send a file to the OSP it will pick up the file name between the $%, then once the DNC has finished sending the file I receive the following error:

5221 No Tape Data

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm thinking it's some small aggrivating parameter I need to change, but I'm not sure which one. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Is there a % at the end of file ?

$X1234.MIN% gives the progam a filename when read into the control, as you are aware.
    the final % is used to terminate the send/receive operation and close the file.

Your software should also recognise this as an EOF ( end of file ) as well

Hope this helps
    Steve

Hey Superman, thanks for the quick reply! I was actually reading a lot of your posts when trying to solve this before.
    As far as the program goes, I do have the % at the end of the file. We tried single-blocking the program over to the machine one line at a time and we seem to be getting the "No Tape Data" error right after the entire program has been sent. I'm not sure if the controller requires additional information after the EOF% to properly receive the file?

It has me stumped as well,
    It appears as if the OSP is not closing the file correctly, or waiting for info from another device

I know the OSP 5's and 7's have separate parameters for sending and recieving, not so sure about the U100

Maybe one of the other guys has struck this problem ???