I'm going to build a Taig CNC mill. I'm still in the planning phase and going to start ordering parts in the next couple of weeks. One thing I thought would be really cool was to give the machine a name and nameplate with logo (yes, I am a dork).

Anyway, I'm calling the machine "Mini Beast", and I wanted to carve the name and some sort of beast-like shape into a plate of aluminum to fix on the outside of the machine's enclosure. The plan was to have a friend sketch out the logo, then I would just do a 2D outline cut under the name text. Then, I stumbled across the vector art stuff and found this:

http://www.vectorart3d.com/store/ind...rgoyle&x=0&y=0

It looks like a perfect logo for Mini Beast, and it's 3D! The way I understand it, I can buy this model, then use their free software and carve the piece out of an aluminum plate. I know it's not an original logo, but it's 3D and ready to go for $25, which sounds great to me.

I'd like to use Style A, and have it raised off from a flat background that will be machined down a bit. I'm thinking of making the gargoyle about 2 or 3 inches tall. Then, have the text above or below him. If the text needs to be done with a separate program, that's no big deal.

Is what I'm trying to do sound reasonable, or am I missing something? Also, does anyone know what types of endmills I will need? I figured I would need 2 or 3 different sizes of ball endmills for roughing then finishing.