586,075 active members*
3,958 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Brother TC-227

Hello all ! We're a small grinding shop that's getting our first taste of CNC machining and need some help with getting this machine going. We have the manuals and read thru them but don't really know where to start with this controller. The controller is a Brother CNC-520 , would anyone be willing to make a small video showing us the basics on getting started and send it to us via email or on a disc ? I know I'm asking for a lot , but sorry.

Thanks

Brother TC-227

The control is basically the same as a Fanuc, is anyone in your shop familiar with g-codes? Ours is a CNC 720 control but I imagine it is about the same. When you turn it on it will be in manual mode, jog the axes a little bit and hit the M.Z.RT button. now you are good to go, push the memory button, then the edit button, put in a new number for a new program and press enter, now you enter your g-code program. To run it press the memory button put in your program number, press enter, and then the green cycle start.
    After reading the manual you should understand that each tool has an offset which is set by you. they are pretty easy to set just move the tool to where you want zero to be, press the data set button and you will have the option to set the tool data or the working zero position, for tool data just select the desired offset number and there should be an auto setting option or you enter the absolute position into this register if no auto setting is available. For the working zero position you need to remember to call out the desired work zero at the beginning of each program but these registers are set by moving the tool to the desired x/y zero and either using the auto setting or entering the absolute positions.
    Hope this help! feel free to shoot me any other more specific questions