587,030 active members*
3,843 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Post Processor Question????

Hi,

I've been looking into SolidCam for a while and would like to know how the Post Processors are handled with SolidCam?
    Would someone familiar with the software kindly share.
    Are the Post editable by the end user or is this only handled by SolidCam / Re-sellers?

Thanks!

Re: Post Processor Question????

They can be edited by the end user.

Thanks! So are they purchased first ? Are they free ?

I think you get one free post with the purchase of solidcam. They will get it working with your machine. Depending on what you are running they prolly already have a working post.

Nice so when purchasing Solidcam you are given the generic post or in other words the software comes with the generic post which can be altered?

I use Bobcadcam and it comes with a few generic post that are alterable and there is a few they have online that are free. Of course if a custom post is needed they will charge for that. I recognized that Solidcam and Bobcadcam use the same simulation module which got me interested in the software. How good is the software with 4&5 axis work?

Tried to pm you some information. Says your unable to accept pm's. What I will say here is they set me up with a working post (I would bet they have posts for most control) when I demoed the software. At the time I purchased 1 custom post was included in their sale. I haven't got into the 4 axis yet as I'm still getting the 4th setup. There imachining is awesome. You should really demo it. I believe you get 15 days full use. Ps I am in NO way affiliated with solidcam.

I've been using InventorCAM for a couple months now, I have 4 Post Processors that were made by the SolidCAM guys and whenever we needed something changed, I would just email them and they would go though and change the Processor as needed for us. I didn't know this initially, and started to edit the files myself and when they found out they didn't care but they told me to try not to edit them when they have people who made the posts would edit them for me.

But the posts are user editable they just go in a folder that is monitored by the software.

Here is a training video about Post processors in Solidcam definitely worth watching

Hi,
    Maybe somone has a postprocesor for 4th axis Hurco (winmax) vm10 ??