586,530 active members*
2,977 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Shop Sabre Grease

so... I thought before I do my next long haul on my ShopSabre (nick named Ethel) I thought I would lube her up so she is good to go. Now ShopSabre recommends THK AFB Gease, Albania Grease #2, Daphne Eponex Grease #2, or equivalent... now my question is what is everyone else using? if anything.

Normal operation over here is to lube up the rails with T-9 (which is a solvent and paraffin wax formula) it has worked BEAUTIFULLY. it cleans the rails and leaves them slick for weeks. The sawdust literally falls off of the rails.

but I want to grease the blocks, will standard general purpose, white lithium grease work? or should I hunt down one of these other ones?

What type of grease is T-9 ? I just purchased a machine...

Boeshield T-9 was designed by Boeing Aviation as a corrosion inhibitor for aircraft components. Through licensing, this product is available to consumers and businesses. Boeshield T-9 is a combination of solvents, lubricants and waxes designed for penetration, moisture displacement, lubrication, and protection.

Boeshield T-9 dries to a thin waxy film that clings to metal. Because it adheres to metal so well, it works directly on exposed metal surfaces. The product can be used in two ways to prevent rust.

A thicker coating works in places where additional protection is helpful such as on hinges, chains, undercarriages, cables and on items put into storage. To apply a thicker coating, just spray it on and leave it.

A thin coating works well when direct contact is made with the surface such as on cast iron table tops, garden tools and other hand tools. To use a thin coating just spray it on and use a rag to remove the excess. Applications of T-9 every few months maintains the rust inhibiting barrier.

Unlike some sprays, it is safe on paint, plastics, and vinyl. As an added benefit it will also loosen rusty and corroded parts. 12 oz. Aerosol Can.

from

http://www.theruststore.com/Boeshiel...osol-P3C4.aspx

Thanks for the info!!