Hello,

Frist I would like to say hi to everyone, As I just found this great site and I am very happy I did :-)

Now I am going to try and explain what exact help I need, I wanted to start my own little side business injection molding toy parts in hard ABS plastic. I have done things with rubber type molds with resan but wanted to take it to the next step were I can even supply maybe a cheap service to hobby people or inventors.

I was looking into things that can be used at home like Destop injection machines, Desktop cnc machines ect.. So what I want to do is have the ability to

Reverse engineer? Scan a part to create 3D cad data

Take my stl. files and use it to cut the mold

Create my own metal molds for injection molding

make like up to 100-2000 plastic parts

So can anyone please help me on how I can get the ball rolling? As also does anyone know if there is a service were I can get my 3D data set up to be mold ready were maybe if i had a machine to cut the molds i could input the files and away we go? or is there a software that can set up the molds so they mork for me? or anyone that can make small metal molds like this for cheap?

So I am not a expert but am trying to learn as my dream is to have a little factory were I can make a prototype,molds and the parts :-) . Thanks and take care.

William,