586,069 active members*
3,619 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCad-Cam V21.5 is confusing

BobCad-Cam V21.5 is confusing

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post here and I sure could use a little direction for the BobCad-Cam software.

A friend of mine just purchased the BobCad-Cam V21.5 with training CDs and I'm using an example on CD4 video-62 that shows configuring a simple program to drill holes in a circular pattern and I thought it would be a complete program if I completed all the steps in that video lesson, well I completed the example exercise substituting our own specifications for material size, hole size and selecting a different post processor i.e. the Fanuc 6M which I know will run on a Taig CNC Mill using Mach 3..

When I check the file that's generated in BobCad-Cam for that exercise it's a .cad file but the Mach 3 program is running .TAD files. I haven't gone through all the tutorials yet and was wondering if anyone here could tell me how I get BobCad-Cam to convert the .cad file to a .TAD file so it'll run in the Mach 3 program? I've never operated a cad program before and all the information is somewhat confusing, I sure could use some direction if anyone has the time.

Thanks
    jessey

Jessey, When you insert the NC object and create your program click the file/save copy as in the right hand screen...and save it as a .txt file (I believe you had a typo when you said .TAD.....I think you meant .tap?) Stick with it and try not to stress too much...it gets a lot easier generating code....once you've gone bald and grey etc
    Keith

works now

Hi Kipper,

Many thanks for your help, it now loads into Mach3 ok, although I have a long way to go, it's beginning to look very promising.

I do have a problem setting the right R value in the G81 Parameters box. If I set it to what it shows in the video to .1 I end up getting an error saying "R less than z in cycle in xy planeLine 7". I tried selecting G73 and other drills and get the same error.

I'm not sure but maybe I need to contact tech support to get a customizable script for use with our taig mill?

Thanks Again
    jessey

Quote Originally Posted by jessey View Post
    Hi Kipper,

Many thanks for your help, it now loads into Mach3 ok, although I have a long way to go, it's beginning to look very promising.

I do have a problem setting the right R value in the G81 Parameters box. If I set it to what it shows in the video to .1 I end up getting an error saying "R less than z in cycle in xy planeLine 7". I tried selecting G73 and other drills and get the same error.

I'm not sure but maybe I need to contact tech support to get a customizable script for use with our taig mill?

Thanks Again
    jessey
    I had the same issue...until I realised I needed to have -23 etc in the Z section....Some cool features are in it (I haven't seen the later versions so have no idea what they are like) I think I'd struggle with any other software now.
    Keith