586,117 active members*
3,245 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > How do I adjust the tool changer height parameter on a TNC145 (Interact 412)

How do I adjust the tool changer height parameter on a TNC145 (Interact 412)

Interact 412 with TNC 145 control

HELP!!!

Our machine has gone a bit funny and the spindle doesn't come to the right height for doING tool changes.

The Z home height is still perfect, I double checked by recalibrating using a tool with a known offset height.

the changer is coming in few millimeters high.

I know that there is a parameter that tells the machine the distance from the Z home but I don't know what it is or how to get there.

I'm meant to be milling a gearbox for a friend going to the Isle of Mann TT the day after tomorrow (Weds) so I am a little desperate to fix this quickly

James

I do not have the specific parameter for this. Could not dig up a manual nor a ETS for this machine. So here it is from memory since this is a antique.
    If you have the parameter, I would move the head to the tool change height, turn off the air and bleed off the pressure to allow the tool changer to move forward by hand, go to MOD and find CODE, type in 95148, ENT, this will get you into the parameters.
    Change the tool change height parameter by what you need to have the tool changer slide onto a tool in the spindle.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks for the reply. Hardinge UK were extremely helpful, and talked me through exactly what i needed to do.

Would have been completely lost without those dudes, cases have been cut and delivered, and found that what they asked for was not entirely the right shape, so starting again today

Thanks millions for getting back to me all the same

J

Could you please post the parameter number and procedure here at your convenience so that anyone searching these posts can find the answer.

Thanks.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)