One G540 4 Axis
    one KL-600-48 48V/12.5A 115V /230V power supply
    One Fan
    One E-Stop, X, Y, Z Limit Switch
    If you have any question, pls email me at [email protected]

http://www.kelinginc.net/ControlSystem.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G540Controller.JPG  

Poorly Assembled Product

I recently purchased purchased this Controller Box from Keling. It's very poorly assembled. Here are the problems I discovered:

1) The E-Stop button was wired up backwards, in a normally open configuration. Nothing would work until I pushed the button IN.

2) There is no connection of any kind to the GROUND tab on the AC power jack. Neither from the ground connector on the power supply or the case itself. If something shorts to the case it will make it live.

3) The DB9 connector provided for hooking up limit switches cannot be used as wired as none of the pins are wired to ground, terminal 12 on the G540 or -VDC on the power supply. All Keling did was to wire terminals 1 - 9 of the G540 to the pins, and not in any logical order. There is no documentation of any kind provided on the pin configuration either with the product or on the site.

4) The soldering job is very heavy handed and sloppy. There were a number of connections with little frayed wires coming dangerously close to cross circuiting the pins. No shrink wrap or other insulation was used to prevent accidental cross circuiting.

5) Most of the hardware connections (nuts and bolts) are only finger tight. The heavy power supply was so loose and floppy it almost fell out of the box when I opened it up.

Repeated emails to Keling for technical support yielded only half sentence responses which failed to answer my questions. Oh, the one complete sentence was "Contact [email protected] for the answer." Which I understand is a fairly typical response from Keling. At least Gecko was helpful in letting me know how to rewire so I could hook up limit switches.

It's all working fine now, but not without several hours of my own time troubleshooting and re-wireing. It's far from the "Plug and Use" as advertised on the Keling site. Also, it's obvious, with all these problems (especially the E-Stop mis-wiring) that the box was never tested with Mach 3 (as advertised) to see if it's functioning properly. If your considering purchasing this box, I'd strongly advise just buying the individual components and following one of the helpful schematics that can be found on the CNCzone.

Quote Originally Posted by dpgoldberg View Post
    I recently purchased purchased this Controller Box from Keling. It's very poorly assembled. Here are the problems I discovered:

1) The E-Stop button was wired up backwards, in a normally open configuration. Nothing would work until I pushed the button IN.

2) There is no connection of any kind to the GROUND tab on the AC power jack. Neither from the ground connector on the power supply or the case itself. If something shorts to the case it will make it live.

3) The DB9 connector provided for hooking up limit switches cannot be used as wired as none of the pins are wired to ground, terminal 12 on the G540 or -VDC on the power supply. All Keling did was to wire terminals 1 - 9 of the G540 to the pins, and not in any logical order. There is no documentation of any kind provided on the pin configuration either with the product or on the site.

4) The soldering job is very heavy handed and sloppy. There were a number of connections with little frayed wires coming dangerously close to cross circuiting the pins. No shrink wrap or other insulation was used to prevent accidental cross circuiting.

5) Most of the hardware connections (nuts and bolts) are only finger tight. The heavy power supply was so loose and floppy it almost fell out of the box when I opened it up.

Repeated emails to Keling for technical support yielded only half sentence responses which failed to answer my questions. Oh, the one complete sentence was "Contact [email protected] for the answer." Which I understand is a fairly typical response from Keling. At least Gecko was helpful in letting me know how to rewire so I could hook up limit switches.

It's all working fine now, but not without several hours of my own time troubleshooting and re-wireing. It's far from the "Plug and Use" as advertised on the Keling site. Also, it's obvious, with all these problems (especially the E-Stop mis-wiring) that the box was never tested with Mach 3 (as advertised) to see if it's functioning properly. If your considering purchasing this box, I'd strongly advise just buying the individual components and following one of the helpful schematics that can be found on the CNCzone.
    Hello
    I failed to make you happy, pls ship back, we will 100% refund to you

Quote Originally Posted by dpgoldberg View Post
    This should be just a Mach3 configuration setting. Nothing wrong using N/O for the stop switch.

Keling ,

It would be real nice if you sold the box , switches and IEC plug-ins on your site as separate items . Or some type of builders kit that we put together .

Thanks dpgoldberg, very helpful.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Larken View Post
    This should be just a Mach3 configuration setting. Nothing wrong using N/O for the stop switch.
    Not very safe if there is a break (open) in the wire somewhere, the machine will start but you wont be able to estop. outch!

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Boudreau View Post
    Not very safe if there is a break (open) in the wire somewhere, the machine will start but you wont be able to estop. outch!
    This G540 box is made as following now

check the link

http://www.automationtechnologiesinc...h-power-outlet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G540BOX-back-500x500.jpg   Controller-Box-150x150.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Kelinginc View Post
    This G540 box is made as following now

check the link

http://www.automationtechnologiesinc...nce=4387d768f6
    unable to open that link

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Boudreau View Post
    unable to open that link

Check this link

http://www.automationtechnologiesinc...h-power-outlet

Quote Originally Posted by Larken View Post
    Frankly I disagree, there are hundreds of scenarios where a circuit can become open incidentally, causing the switch to NOT close during an emergency, and thus NOT save your life when you need it to.

The opposite is significantly safer.

Quote Originally Posted by rlockwood View Post
    Frankly I disagree, there are hundreds of scenarios where a circuit can become open incidentally, causing the switch to NOT close during an emergency, and thus NOT save your life when you need it to.

The opposite is significantly safer.
    It must have been miswired, the estop on the drawing use N.C.
    good fail safe practice

If you buy a g540 all wired up, is there a board beside the g250 drivers, or is it just wired up with cables?