586,051 active members*
3,590 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 11M alarm message

We just got our CNC mill this week at our shop. It's an Acoloc 3000V with a Fanuc 11M controller on it. Once we got a few minor things repair on the machine and it up and running. We get a sv013 y improper v-reader alarm message as soon as you try and move the y axis. If the X Z and A axis's are moved it is fine. We checked all the fuses we could find. Followed what we could understand in the trouble shooting section in the manuals. Short of swaping the servo motor from our fourth axis to the y axis I am at a loss. And one have any ideas? Said in the one manual about reseting a breaker on the servo but I could locate one. Would it be inside the servo? I appreciate any help that is given.

Depending on the model of servo amp you have there is a small terminal block located on or near the servo amp that has a circular button with an arrow on it. it is reset by pushing this reset button.
    The other thing to check is if the servo board has status LEDS check them for fault etc
    Al
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I looked everywhere for something like that. Do you think that's the problem? Or something else? Unfortunately I'm a toolmaker not an electronic engineer. LMAO!!!!!! Where is the servo amp?

The servo amps will be the place to start, there is one for each axis, If you have the maintenance manual, it is on page 347. There is a series of LED lights down the bottom RH side that shows the status of the drives. See if they are all showing the same status as a comparison.
    Al

Albert E.

Are the servo amps the same as the velocity control units? I wish I had my camera here at work.

SV013 X IMPROPER V_READY OFF
    SV013 Y IMPROPER V_READY OFF
    SV013 Z IMPROPER V_READY OFF
    SV013 A IMPROPER V_READY OFF

Those are the codes that come up as soon as you try and move an axis. Just wanted to confirm the exact codes since I was going from memory last night at home.

OK the fact you have an error on all amps points to power problem. Check the 100vac on termonal 3 & 4 on the Velocity control units (fancy name for servo amp).
    The common cause of no 100v supply is the if you have a non-fused disconnect (breaker) which has a square button in the centre, power down and try resetting it by pushing it in. Measure the 100vac with a meter.
    The manuals for the machine are essential for trouble shooting and should enable you to check the power to the servo amps.
    Al

Albert E.

Am I correct in assuming that there should be one servo amp for each axis? And that the servo amps are where the each servo connects to? are terminals 3 and 4 numbered on the servo amp? Is the disconnect you are speaking of inside the machine on the one that the machine is connected to on the wall? I tryed to check for power at terminals 3 and 4 last night but could not clearly see where 3 and 4 where listed in the wiring diagram or the boards. I really appreciate your help Al. Where in Canada are you located?

The problem is that there are several types of Fanuc Amplifier out there, some are individual, some dual & triple drives, if you can find a part number I may be able to help a bit further. The circuit breaker should be close to the drives in the control cabinet. The three phase to the motors come from there as do the encoders.
    Do you have any of the original service manuals?
    Al

Albert E.

Yes I have the original service manuals. They show the servos being AC and the machine has DC brushless servos on it now. Not sure if that makes any difference or not.

The first thing to do is identify the servo's and check any status lights etc and as much of the input power, 3ph etc as possible. If you can see a model number on the servo amps it would help.
    Al

Albert E.

Sent you an email Al with some pictures.

I have the same alarms with a Mori Seiki Junior mill. X and Z axis only...Any help would be appreciated. I checked the terminals(3 and 4) and are only showing 60 volts(should read 100)..Thanks!