586,042 active members*
3,849 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Multiteke PWM Driver info

Hi,

I've just bought an old CNC machine. I has a embedded controller which runs some version of dos and is somewhat limited. My plan is to throw out parts of the controller and try to run it with a simple parallel port breakout board together with mach3/emc2.

The 'computer' is connected with breakout board with ribbon cables. This breakout board is in turn connected to the 3 driver boards with 8 pin ribbon cables. The driver boards have Multiteke (yes, with an e at the end) PWM driver v2.2 written on them. I've been googling multiteke and have come up empty. I was hoping someone was familiar with these drivers and could point me in the right direction. If it's possible to find a pin diagram for the driver board that would be ideal, I could hook up these pins to step and direction. Or is there any way to reverse engineer which pin/contact does what? However, given that there are 8 pins and it says PWM driver, I worry that it require more from the controller that simple step and direction.

My last resort would be to build a new controller from scratch however if I read right one of the motors says 7A@197V. I don't know if this is correct, but high voltage controllers seems to be hard to find and expensive.

Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated.

regards,

Håvard

are they servos? (I assume so with the 197v rating) Do they have encoders or such? Pictures? does it power up at all? you could probe the pins and see what is going on.

If they are just amps (maybe take pwm or +/- 10 volts) emc would run them with mesa, pico system boards.

http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/emc...orted_Hardware

sam

Hi,

it's a stepper system. I was a bit surprised by what the specs on the motors read, the power supply is not that big. But then again I may very well have misread it. I'll take some photos tonight of controller, drivers and motors and post.

Controller and motor pics

Pics posted in my member gallery here.

The 'breakout' board has 11/2003 written on it so it's not that old... The manufacturer is supposedly in the US or so I've heard. The machine is made in Brazil and is a DSD surfboard shaping machine.

I've been checking around a bit and the only reference to multiteke I can find is a company registered in a company register in Brazil. No email, phonenumber or website. I'm pretty sure this is a custom design as the computer has a board that read multiteke surf_pc. However it must have been built based on a reference design of some sort I'm sure. On the other hand it might be easier just to figure out a way to reverse engineer the signals to the drivers, then connect that to a breakout board.