586,032 active members*
3,076 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Akira Seiki, or which VMC should I buy???

Akira Seiki, or which VMC should I buy???

I am contemplating buying a VMC. I am going back and forth between used and new. I am considering a new Bed mill from Ganesh Machinery, or a used machine most likely from KD Capital. I have never heard anything about Akira Seiki but the performance stats look amazing and the price seems too good to be true 20k, 40x20 12k RPM. Does anyone have anything to add? I like the idea of an easier to use controller. The KD salesman seems to want to push a mazak my way, selling the controller as user friendly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I will be taking jobs to pay for the machine, but once it's payed for then I will use it to make prototypes of my own inventions and whatever else I want to make money doing. I have single phase also, so I will have to use a phase converter or a machine with a re-tappable transformer(I have heard Fadal and Mazak have these). Also I have retrofitted a machine so I understand the basic maintanence and how to fix almost anything.
    Thanks!!

Jeff in Southern California

I just bought an AKIRA VMC 2 months ago. 12,000 rpm. The rapid move is quite fast. In the last two months the tech came several times to fix some minor issue and fine tune the setting for our need. If you are looking for a high C/P machine AKIRA is pretty neat.