586,096 active members*
3,718 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Dynatorch Special

Hey everybody,
    I have not been here in a while and its good to be back. I just wanted to let everyone know we are running a special sale. Anyone who purchases a master series system right now and until July 15 will get a 5% discount right off the top. If they pay in full at the time of purchase we will give an 8% discount. We thought we would try to help out those that are having to be very considerate about funding. In these times with the economy like it is we know it can get hard. Luckily for us we are doing very well and can afford to cut prices a little and help out. Give us a call and let us know if we can help.

Smile DT sale

Bought a 6X12 today! saved $1600usd. Even discounted the plasma gen.

now to build a table
    www.metaltechus.com

Good for you WSS, I am sure you will enjoy it. I plan on taking advantage of the sale price on their Dynascribe marking attachment. It will eliminate all the time I spend doing manual layout for bend lines and holes that I punch with my ironworker. Best part is I will be able to advertise my business by placing my logo and ph #.

Did you get the laser locator? I find it extremely useful for lining up sheets, shearing to length and checking cut paths for material size. Works great with the wireless joy stick to.

Magma-Joe,
    The Dynascribe looks like a good idea. Having a mark or two to show a center point or a bend line would be really time saving. An indelible logo and info would be worth the price alone. We have a electro chem etch type of set-up, but it is an extra step that is low on the list of things to do. Having it automatically done would make way more sense. Do you know if it is a carbide tip?

I did get two laser locators. I am going to setup both an oxy and a plasma torch mounted with magswitches. They will both be able to retract manually. I figured having a locator on both would be easier. It will probably be the end of summer before I get to cut anything. I have most of what I need to get it done, except time. Drawings are done for the table and torch mount. I built a oxygen/lp console to handle the gas torch and it tested great on our magnetic shape cutter.

I'll post some pictures as I go along.

Cheers!
    WSS
    www.metaltechus.com

WSS, yes the Dynascribe marker tip is made from carbide and is replaceble. Building your own table is a great idea. It would allow you to tailor it to your needs, especially for cutting thick heavy material with oxy.

How thick of material do you plan to cut? Will you use a water table or their air handler? I am currently upgrading the table I built to dual drive motors with the drop side option. Part of the upgrade is the addition of the DASH system and the Dynascribe. Dynatorch has been very helpful with the upgrade.

One thing I think is great is Dynatorch's self imposed requirement that every upgrade they make to their machines must be able to be retrofited to the older Dynatorch versions. That way you can always have the latest software / hardware if you want. Unlike the last computer I bought that was obsolete a few months later!

A replaceable Carbide tip is perfect, you could mark AR plate and probably high carbon SS like 440C.

I want to be able to handle 3", but will usually cut .5" to 2.5" plate. One job we do fairly often is a cut on 9/16". I am hoping to utilize the plasma for this. The preheat time with oxy is the same as the cut time. Plasma would really speed it up.

If you get a chance post some photos of your retro/upgrade. The DASH system seems like it would pay for itself after awhile with saved tips! A little trick we do with oxy is to spray both inner and outer tip with anti-spatter. It really does not stop the blow back but does make cleaning easier. Can that be done with the plasma parts?

How does the dynascribe know it's location in tandem with the torch? Is it a separate screen or can it run both together as one file?

WSS, wow 3" material will put some serious weight on your table. Will your gantry be unitized with the table or will it have a floor mounted rail system? I can see how important it would be prevent the rails from shifting when you place a 3" sheet on the table.

9/16 should be no problem with the right plasma machine. You can spray plasma tips with anti-splatter to prevent build up and sticking. I use it often on my tips.

I will post some pics of the upgrade, I am still gathering up all the parts right now. I want to plan it so the machine is down as little time as possible.

As for the Dynascribe knowing its location in tandem with the torch. Their website says it can be used with the Dynatorch file handling software that comes with the machine or the premium ad on WE-CIM software. I am not sure how it works with the Dynatorch file handling software.

I have the WE-CIM software so thats where all my questions were focused when I asked about the Dynascribe. In the WE-CIM program you enter an offset for the Dynascribe tool location. When you make your CAD drawing you use 2 layers. One layer you draw everything for the plasma and the other layer you put everything for the Dynascribe. The software automaticly recognizes the 2 layers and and creates one G code file to process the part using the Plasma torch and Dynascribe. Points on the layer for the Dynascribe are recognized as center punch locations.

Magma-Joe,
    The rails for the gantry will be bolted to the table, which will be 5" I-beam for the long axis with 5" x 1/4" sq tube. We have a 4' X 12' table for welding that we put 4X8 sheets of 3" on now that works good with no detectable deflection (at least not more than a 32nd). I hope to build this one similar, and (now you have me thinking) am wondering if the extra two feet in width will be a problem.

I will flip for the we-cim after all is setup and running. It sounds like a must. The dynascribe is sounding like more sense as well. Imagine the time saved in lay-out with just a simple center punch mark? Much less bend lines and part #s!
    www.metaltechus.com

WSS, my curiosity took over and I had to look up just how much a 3" 4 x 8 sheet weighs? Nearly 2 tons! Here is a handy a calculator I found if you want to punch some numbers. http://www.chapelsteel.com/weight-steel-plate.html

Can you imagine setting up the table in the picture? I enjoy looking at all the different manufacturers plasma tables and have got a much better understanding along the way. One interesting note is the guide rails. They are normally used for elevators. They are some what precision right out of the box, come in long lengths, different sizes, reasonable cost and are easy to butt together.

As for the Dynascribe, the more I think about the the capabilities it has for advertising my product w/ name PH #, marking for identification or art work, and the huge reduction in time for manual layout of holes, bend lines etc the more anxious I am to get one! I am still saving my pennies and plan to have enough before the sale ends on the 17th of July. I must say the pennies seem to be in short supply lately!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Big plasma 1.jpg   Big plasma 2.jpg  

Is the DASH system on sale also?

According to the Dynatorch website all the accessories are on sale until July 17th.

That calculator is cool! I checked what a 6X12 would way: 8800lbs! I couldn't move it. Our forklift can lift 6000 and that is up close.

Regarding the rails in the pictures, Pictures really are worth a thousand words. Very clever way of fine adjusting. The photos were originally what drew me to cnczone. It is great to see other peoples ideas and perspectives.

I believe the "inflation fighter" sale extends to all of Dynatorch's products, they discounted the HP-1650 we purchased. Here is a link:

http://www.dynatorch.com/AllProducts.htm

Everyone have a Great weekend!