To start out I know nothing about CAD. I've tried Google Sketchup, didn't like it. Tried Gsimple, but didn't get very far. I recently downloaded Solid Edge 2D, haven't done much with it, but I have gotten farther with it than anything else. Seems like they have alot of tutorials and instructional DVDs that can be purchased. I have no problem with purchasing the DVDs if this is a good program to start with and eventually upgrade to 3D. I know that everybody has their favorite program and this one is better than that one. I really don't know which program to use, but I need something that is "easy" to learn. I do not have alot of patience when it comes to sitting down and learning. Especially if it takes longer to learn it than it would to do manually on the mill. Back to Solid Edge 2d, I don't know what problems I will run into down the road. I am going to use Mach 3, am I going to have problems when I try to convert a drawing into G code or something else that I don't know yet? Pretty much of everything that I will be doing is 2.5D (I guess that's what it's called) stuff. I know I can try everybody's demos, but I don't have alot of free time to go "shopping". I appreciate your guy's help and advice.