586,104 active members*
3,387 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > $15k for PlasmaCAM? Any other options for Israel?

$15k for PlasmaCAM? Any other options for Israel?

I recently moved to Israel and I'm looking to purchase a CNC plasma cutting machine.

So far I've only found one model in stock in Israel for sale, a PlasmaCAM for $14,659. They can get me a Samson system (bigger PlasmaCAM) for $22,076. (Plus 15.5% sales tax, which I would hope to get refunded from the tax authority.)

I've inquired about overseas shipping from Torchmate and PlasmaRoute but haven't heard about the shipping cost yet.

Customs tax should not be a problem as I have some exceptions from just moving here.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on where to get a similar unit? Any European or China companies that would be worth looking into?

Another option would be to build my own system but I don't know if that would be worth the time considering some items are hard to come by in Israel...

plasma table

Hi
    I wold be very happy to try and sell you a plasma machine. We are a UK based manufacturer and offer a broad range of machines. Please have a look at the following websites
    www.techserv.co.uk
    www.bluemarlin.biz

or have a look on ebay at the following items 300319641773 300314177621

I have some new pictures for the small machine that I will put up when the current ebay ad ends, please see attached.

regards

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spark overall.jpg   spark side.jpg   spark side 1.jpg   spark side 2.jpg  

spark controller.jpg  

cowleym, impressive looking machines!

Not sure if it's correct but the ebay listing says free shipping to Israel?

You machines seem reasonable priced considering what is offered. I think for me, too much is offered. I would like to use my own computer and plasma cutter. I also don't think I need a touch screen although, it's probably nice.

My thought is that I'm probably going to have to buy some sort of kit and make my own table.

Is there a way your company could put together a package that would fit my needs more?

plasma

Hi yes I think the shipping is a mistake.

Yes we would be happy to put a package together to suit you.
    The machine will run off a laptop using a mouse rather than a toch screen.
    What type of plasma do you have and what cutting area / thickness to you want to cover?

Cheers

Mike

It may be an idea to email me directly rather than cluttering up the forum.

[email protected]

Perhaps it's a language issue, but calling the drag-on-the-metal roller ball an "Automatic Torch Height Control" is a real stretch. In most of the world ATHC refers to the Z as being controlled electronically and maintains (variable) height through Arc voltage feedback. Maybe it's hidden, but I don't see a Z motor at all. The other tables mentioned in the post all have, or offer, true Torch Height Control and initial Height Sensing (IHS). The Arc Gap for most cutting is from 1 to 3 mm. Feed rates for thinner materials can be as high as 300 IPM. Dragging roller balls around at those rates and dealing with the fallout from internal cuts proves less the "automatic" The pierce should be made at a different height than cutting or you will go through consumables at a rapid rate.

What a table looks like (cosmetic) may attract the buyer, but in the long run it's the precision of the mechanics (and reliability) with the electrical and electronics that let you turn out work that is profitable. It's the stuff you can't see that will cause you the most headache. Being in Israel the buyer needs to consider what happens if something breaks or stops working. Designs that are proprietary (only one source of support and parts) will present a challenge. If your machine won't run and cut correctly, you might as well spend the money on a nice big screen TV and get some entertainment.

If you have never cut with a CNC plasma before you don't know the things you really need in a machine until you already have it.

At least if you build your own you have the skill set to add the things you want and to be you own on-site support!

A lot of the decision process needs to be the intended use of the equipment. You pick different things to cut big shapes out of thick metal versus lots of internal detailed cuts in thin material or decorative type jobs. Not that you can't get both out of one machine, but you need to know the features that are critical to each process.

TOM Caudle
    www.CandCNC.com

Hi Tom

Yes it may be a language thing, I think the "Automatic Torch Height Control" refers to the fact the head goes up and down via computer control. I would call a motorised arc voltage control head 'AVC' , we can fit one of those to the Blue Marlin at a cost of £800, however you still wouldn't be able to see the motor 'cause we would stick it round the back under a cover.
    The Blue Marlin that the "Automatic Torch Height Control" is fitted to, is designed specifically for the HVAC market, lots of big shapes, fast cuts, along with close togerther slats gives very little trouble cutting at 12m/min. We find that the AVC in these cases is more trouble than the rollerbell as you have to have a very fast head and the risk of instability. We accept the reduced consumable life in these circumstances, but still get 2 or 3 days per set. Our AVC heads are set from the cnc automatically with the correct pierce and cut heights and the consumable life is better, more noticable on the bigger plasma packs.

Glad you like the look of our machines. We believe that if you are going to design a machine, then you may as well spend a little extra time and money to make it look good. We go to a lot of trouble to use as many standard 'off the shelf' parts as possible, we have our roots in the servicing of profile cutting machines and are very aware of the frustrations of parts that are no longer avaliable. We will supply part numbers and suppliers of components to our customers if they want, last thing we want is unhappy customers. The biggest service issues we have are faulty plasma packs (especially the bigger ones).

You are right, the guy in Israel needs to buy the right machine for his application, I dont know what that is, but am happy to discuss his requirements if he contacts me, I suspect he has a TV already.

Cheers

Mike

Waterjet Cutting System Model Number: WC5WA2513H
    The high pressure pump:

Pump type: dual plunger reciprocal intensifier.

Intensifier driven by: hydraulic pump.

Max pressure: 60,000psi (420Mpa).

Max water flow rate: 0.8Gal/min (3.2L/min).

Attenuator 0.35Gal (1.4 Liters).

Cooling method: forced water. Or oil chiller as an option

Hydraulic fluid tank capacity: 42Gal (170L).

Water filter: 2 stage filtration included inside the pump unit.

Leader of China waterjet machine manufacturers

Re: $15k for PlasmaCAM? Any other options for Israel?

There is no doubt that there are a ton of folks from out side the US that have plasmacams Many of them are active on plasmacam's web community for machine owners.

. Funny thing is, is that all of them (that I have come across anyways) have some experience with using a Chinese or other system that, they say were extremely difficult to use, software-wise and just straight up non consistent when it came to running with out problem for very long. Many places over seas got there first taste of the CNC worked from a Chinese made machine, which it seems like exacerbated their went an need to for an plasmacam.

I definitely know how much of a nightmare the software on some machines made in the US can be compared to how seamless and straightforward it is to use a plasmacam system. I guess, To me it NOT that much of a mystery why you’ll find plasmacam machines all over the world. A lot of theses plasmacam owners on the community do no know a lick of English and primarily relay on google translate for their forum posts, yet they seem to use their plasmacam’s day in and day out with ease and have nothing but praise for their plasmacam systems. I can understand that. Plasmacam’s software is intuitive and simple enough that literally anyone, anywhere can use with out going completely insane!~ I can also understand that.

On most systems that are NOT a plasmacam’s you will quickly find out how involved the software can be compared to plasmacam’s designedge. Something simple, like a custom made item such as an address sign could an hour or more to get to the point where you think that you are ready to cut out…THEN once you have run your drawing through a few different programs until you finally have a tool path in place and it is ready to be imported, yet again, into a plasmarouter’s or any other systems MACH 3 style control software, something has gone wrong you have nothing finished because your address sign, with all 35,000 lines G-code is a few digits off on something!! I have never been as frustrated in my life when it has happened. I truly than plasmacam as one of the reason’s why my blood pressure is a lot lower these days,

Unfortunately, there are a lot of examples of folks that pinch pennies and a get a machine that is not very productive and end up having to get something eventually that is, like a plasmacam. I have seen many other systems that were not a plasmcam here in the US and YES it is true that most of them operate in the same ways when it comes to software. It definitely is also 100% true that what can be done (in terms of problem free production) on a plasmacam system within in a few minutes, can take a whole lot longer to accomplish on just about any other system that I have used. Despite they’re being some really great machines out there; nothing that I have come across beats the ease of use plasmacam’s designersedge,

For the same reason may of us have chosen a plasmacam over the countless others out there, foreign or domestic, others people from across the globe appear to have as well. Many of those outside of the US, like yourself can attest to, face some really big barriers usually in the form of high duties and taxes being paid in order to get one imported in.. Despite all of this and being able to readily purchase a CHINESE MADE system very easily and for a lot less money, people from all over the world, still are extremely motivated to get a plasmacam into there shops. .

To be honest, and based on the many years of hearing the same thing from people who have went the wrong direction when they purchase d their machines, I find it to be advisable to never even think about the words CNC, PLASMA AND CHINA ever again.

To me it sounds pretty convincing that sticking to anything AMERICAN made (weather it is lower cost or not) and even better if it is extremely easy to use, is a much better choice than putting a bunch of money in a 55 gallon drum and setting it ablaze.

When it come to ease of use, there is no other machine that I have experience on that will do what mine can as quickly and as effectively. For the price and how much you can get out of your machine, there are not very many ways to go wrong if you get a plasmacam. It has been for me any many others, one of the most productive, effective and easy to use CNC cutting systems out there.

Good Luck Brotherman!

JAG

As one who owns two Samson 510 CNC plasma tables and one DHC2 4x4 PlasmaCam table, I can attest to the great value you receive for the money. If you want to do a lot of creative stuff, it would be worth paying the money for the various software upgrades (enhancements) that give you more machine control, and lots of other features.

I have had my first table for over three years now, and I still haven't hooked up the plasma cutter. I am having WAY too much fun running a router on the table, which the PlasmaCam does quite well!

Here are some photos and videos of the stuff I am playing with at the moment ...

https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7y47ff

Joe -
    you are absolutely awesome brother. By far the stuff that you make on your plasmcam router is amongst some of the best out there Can't wait until set up the plaz. Keep us posted

- JAG