I have an MB-20 with a Cent 6 controller. It has ethernet and the 256 MB flash "hard disk". I would like to back up the flash hard disk so I can tweak the operation of the networking for DOS - but that is another issue.

I was able to pull the 256 MB SimpleTech Compact Flash card out of the controller and copy it's contents to a folder on my WindowsXP machine which I use for CAM. I purchased a 2 GB Lexar Compact Flash card and copied the files to it (including system files) and the controller will not boot to this card. I picked a 2 GB as that was the limit a DOS 6.22 machine could recognize without utilities and other funkiness back in the day. I even tried formatting and installing DOS 6.22 to the 2 GB flash card on the controller. The installation was successful but upon reboot the machine would not boot the "C" drive - the compact flash drive.

Has anyone else been successful in making a copy of the compact flash card? Does it require a 256 MB card? Are these brand specific? I've found the SimpleTech 256 MB card for over $100 but other brands are $14 or so.

Thanks in advance.

If anyone would like to tackle the networking issue - I would like to share the network drive from the MB-20 and not from my WinXP machine. I have been able to share from my WinXP machine successfully and mapped the drive from the MB-20 as drive N:, but I would like to share the files the other way for a couple of reasons. One is the WinXP machine also has a network connection to get to the internet and I don't particularly want to share all of my programs on a machine which hits the web even though I use a router and WinXP firewall. The other is I edit the programs with the Milltronics conversational offline program and if I leave that application open with the program I am editing and I try and copy the file over on the MB-20 the MB-20 reboots. If I had the share done on the MB-20 I would need to copy the files to the share (which would point to the C:\PARTS folder) which would eliminate the reboot issue and I wouldn't have a share on my WinXP machine.

Thanks again