586,306 active members*
3,485 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc OM to PC Mastercam X com

I have a FIRST CV-410 with the Fanuc OM control. I am having, I noticed others have, with communicating between the PC and the Machine. I get a range of errors but mostly P/S 087 alarm. The manual states that this alarm means: "When entering data in the memory by using Reader/Puncher interface, though the read terminate command is specified, input is not interupted after 10 charaters read"...I have no idea what this means. My cable seems to work (RS232 - USB) and I can begin to send a program, the machine moves, spindle comes on and then the alarm happens. The machine continues to move but it overtravels and faults out.

Any help would be great, Thanks,

Never mind I got it...If anyone needs help with setting up drip feed or program send/receive with a Fanuc OMc....I know the parameters like the back of my hand now...They sure don't make that manual user friendly

I also have an FANUC 0-Mate M. I have been trying to run via drip feed. I am able to send smaller programs to the control using MC8. After turning tape reader on and switching to CimcoDNC, Nothing seems to happen. It did manage to send some code to the control and I also got P/S 87 alarm, although no movement from the machine. I would like very much to see the parameter settings you have.

Connection Fanuc Oim to Vista notebook

Quote Originally Posted by KCA324 View Post
    Never mind I got it...If anyone needs help with setting up drip feed or program send/receive with a Fanuc OMc....I know the parameters like the back of my hand now...They sure don't make that manual user friendly

I am new to this forum so I apoligise if I am incorrectly using a protocol.

I am trying to connect the notebok via USB to the 25 pim RS232. I have purchased an adaptor cable that goes from USB to 9 pim and then another cable that adapts to the 25 pin in the Fanuc. Although the adaptor cable says it is installed OK, I am getting no communication. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Are all of your settings right? Your COM port settings have to match the machine.

The USB adapter can cause problems with communicating to some machines. Make your RS232 cable to go from 25pin(machine side) to 9pin (PC side). The 25pin to 9pin adapter you purchased may not be the same as what the machine requires.

What type of control does your machine have?

Quote Originally Posted by eng101 View Post
    I also have an FANUC 0-Mate M. I have been trying to run via drip feed. I am able to send smaller programs to the control using MC8. After turning tape reader on and switching to CimcoDNC, Nothing seems to happen. It did manage to send some code to the control and I also got P/S 87 alarm, although no movement from the machine. I would like very much to see the parameter settings you have.
    Mine did the same thing. It means your DNC is trying to send information faster than your machine can recieve. The machine uses a stop/start or better known as Xon Xoff. The machine sends a signal to say "Send" and then a signal to say "stop" while it reads what is being sent.
    The P87 means that your parameters aren't correct between the machine and the computer. It means your connected, but your baud rate, or serial port, or comunication parameters are wrong. I can send you the settings I used for comunications if you want but I use a different DNC software...they might be a little different.

Here are my settings:
    I used a USB to 9Pin serial adapter. I made the 9Pin to 25Pin RS232 cable according to my manual. I use DNC Server software.

To setup your PC's serial port do the following:

Go to Control Panel in windows.
    Click on SYSTEM
    Click on DEVICE MANAGER
    Click on PORTS in the tree
    Open the port for your adapter

My settings where set to the following:
    1. Bits per/sec. = 9600 (baud rate)-Must match machine and DNC software
    2. Data bits = 7
    3. Parity = Even
    4. Stop bits = 2
    5. Flow control Xon/Xoff

Then click ADVANCED... and turn off FIFO buffers.

If you want the ones I set in my machine I will post them. But I only have a Fanuc - OM

Re: Fanuc OM to PC Mastercam X com

Hola amigos, mi empresa tiene una fresadora cnc YCM VMC 60 A con control fanuc om, pero no sabemos pasar programas del ordenador al cnc, no sabemos las configuraciones que hay que hacer ni los softwares que hay que instalar en el pc, ni el cable que hay que usar, en fin no sabemos casi nada, hemos instalado el "fanuc comunication" y el "cimco edit" para pasar los programas. La máquina es de segunda mano y no nos han dado los manuales, cualquier ayuda por pequeña q sea se agradece, gracias de antemano!