586,781 active members*
3,179 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > New Affordable PCNC shipping options for West Coast, Australia, New Zealand

New Affordable PCNC shipping options for West Coast, Australia, New Zealand

Tormach Announces New Warehouse Locations for Quicker, Less Expensive Shipping Options

The new locations will pass savings to both US and international customers.

Waunakee, WI, June 10, 2009 – Tormach, LLC announced today that it has two new distribution centers for shipping machines and stands. The new warehouses will lower freight costs for our customers and improve transit time, particularly for those in the western US and throughout the Pacific Rim.

A new distribution center has been opened in Las Vegas, Nevada. This location is situated to better serve our West Coast and Pacific Rim customers. Overseas shipments will be consolidated with the accessories shipping from Waunakee, WI to best control cost for customers.

For those on the western Pacific, Tormach now offers the option of shipping machines and stands from Qingdao, China. Accessories will still ship separately from our home office in Waunakee, WI. This option can provide cost savings to our customers in Australia and New Zealand.

The existing Midwest warehouse has been relocated to Kenosha, WI. Customers east of the Rocky Mountains, South America, Europe, and Africa will continue to receive machines and stands from the Midwest facility.

"This is a significant step forward in meeting our mission." says Tormach CEO, Greg Jackson. "Offering the best value in equipment and support is only part of what we're trying to accomplish. By optimizing logistics, reducing both delivery time and cost, we're getting customers up and running sooner and at a lower overall cost."

Tormach’s sales and shipping department will advise customers on their best options for shipping.

About Tormach

The people at Tormach are dedicated to delivering tools, accessories, and components of unprecedented value in the world of CNC and motion control. Whether you are involved in R&D, education, short-run production, or simply entrepreneurs with new ideas, Tormach products allow you to make what you need easier, quicker, and more affordable.

Tormach is headquartered in Waunakee, Wisconsin. For more information about ‘personal CNC’ mills and accessories, please visit www.tormach.com or contact Tormach directly at [email protected]

There was talk that Shopmaster was for sale- any connection here? I picked up my Patriot in Las Vegas 4 months ago and am still learning the machine and machining. If my plans go as I hope, I will move up to a larger machine next year- it would be awesome to be able to trade in my Patriot on a Tormach.

Not quite sure how you made the connection between Shopmaster and Tormach, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by GITERDUN View Post
    There was talk that Shopmaster was for sale- any connection here? I picked up my Patriot in Las Vegas 4 months ago and am still learning the machine and machining. If my plans go as I hope, I will move up to a larger machine next year- it would be awesome to be able to trade in my Patriot on a Tormach.

Quote Originally Posted by philbur View Post
    Not quite sure how you made the connection between Shopmaster and Tormach

Phil
    Shopmaster is there, but Las Vegas is not known as a big machinery center. One would think that Tormach would look to Los Angeles or San Francisco for a west coast import/ distribution center. Also, I think the Patriot would be a good entry level machine for people who aren't ready to step up to a full sized mill.

Sparks/Reno and Las Vegas are on major shipping lanes. Nevada has preferable tax policy over California. Many nationwide companies maintain fullfillment centers in Sparks and get good discounts for LTL and parcel shipments.