586,055 active members*
4,483 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Origin lasers - what laser is it?

Found these guys a while back. Trying to work out what source machine they use before re-branding so I can check if I can get parts in the future. I'm more than happy buying of these people as they are in Australia and most likely will offer support here. I'm looking at the OL-6040 (40watt) (600 x 400 cut area) which I'm thinking is a Rabbit re-branded. It comes with a water chiller unit, ball screw upgrade on the Z axis, emergency stop, laser alarm and laser shut-down.
    Probably $11.5k. Curious if a chinese import to OZ would be just as good and parts availability?

Based on the photos it is a Chinese system, similar to a Rabbit but most likely from another assembler.

There are only a handful of component manufacturers and most are interchangeable so you shouldn't have problems locating spares.

Zax.

Would it be cheaper then importing direct from China? Also, would the price be better than 11.5k for an origin. The site by the way is Origin Laser Engravers | Origin Laser Cutters | Laser Engraving machines | Laser Cutting machines

It would most likely be cheaper to import your own. Have you got any quotes from companies?

Ok I went and checked the exchange rate for USD vs AUD and it's almost 1:1 so yeah you should be able to get a better machine for around 4K shipped to you. PM me and I'll get you a quote from a good company.