586,096 active members*
3,625 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hypertherm Powermax 600 - Tip Volts

Can anyone point me in the directon as how properly read my tip volts on my 600? I am connecting CandCNC's THC and for some reason I can't read my tip volts through Mach 3. On the DTHC card I have the raw tip volts wired into the two White wires that should be the electrode and the other wire is connected to my ground clamp. Also I can read the voltage with my multi-meter at these connections.

Do you have serial comm with mach3. It has a light on the screen that will be on if it does. It also has a self test button that will put values in the DRO and verify that its working. The manual for the THC on the website has all the steps that you can follow for testing.

I was aiming for a simple fix but as far as I can tell everything is connected properly. I'm sure Tom can quickly get me straightened out.

The quickest way to confirm proper communications is to look on the screen (THC OnLine LED). If it's on, the DTHC is talking to MACH via the PC serial connection. The self test button on the front of the MP3000 (recessed button) is pushed once to put the unit in a test loop. It sends first 100volts to the torch volts DRO and an UP LED in MACH, followed by 150 volts and a down to MACH. Pushing the button again takes it out of test mode. That confirms proper operation of the DTHC processor and the serial communications in the unit. If the test does not run right, it usually indicates a serial connection/port problem at the PC or the ccc_Comm plug-in is not activated in MACH or the THC hardware option has not been selected in the config plugins. Contact me via e-mail tomorrow and I can send you a new plug-in if you need it. Also make sure you get and read the THC Sensor Card PDF (field mod) I posted on the support site and we sent via e-mail to MP3000-DTHC owners.

The connections in the 600 sound correct. Just make sure you do the Sensor card mod. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CandCN...%20Series/

or

http://www.CandCNC.com/PDF/THCSensor_FieldMod05-09.pdf

TOM Caudle
    www.CandCNC.com