586,103 active members*
3,457 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking > WoodWorking Topics > Share your 3D Carving files, Parts or Art
Page 8 of 30 67891018
    Links to become a sponsor at cnc4free can be found by clicking any of the 'sponsor only' large preview images.. this will take you to the required information. Sponsorship pays the online bills for cnc4free.org... the rest I do not for profit.. but because I don't see it done elsewhere.

Hope this helps

Danny

I have been to CNC4free.org several times and have never, ever, run across anything explaining to me how to be a sponsor. I even emailed through the site to inquire to such and have yet to get a reply. I predict you will not have less than very determined offer to sponsor.
    Care to elaborate on, or perhaps link to, the sponsor page?
    Thanks,

Lynn

Hi There.. and thanks for your interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Livings View Post
    Links to become a sponsor at cnc4free can be found by clicking any of the 'sponsor only' large preview images.. ......

Danny

I have been to CNC4free.org several times and have never, ever, run across anything explaining to me how to be a sponsor. I even emailed .... have yet to get a reply......

Care to elaborate on, or perhaps link to, the sponsor page?
    Thanks,

Lynn
    Hi There,

Firstly, Many thanks for your interest in the site... and in finding out how to become a sponsor.. I seem to have missed your email.... I apologise.. but I don't get a lot of time these days... however, sponsorship info is there and you can find it... when users can and do want to help keep cnc4free.org online I appreciate this more than I am able to state. IMHO the information at cnc4free.org is far more important than any of the download.

As it says in your quote....

"Links to become a sponsor at cnc4free can be found by clicking any of the 'sponsor only' large preview images.."

Every update to the 3D downloads page has 5 links to image previews with 'cnc4free.org Sponsors Only" printed across the bottom of the image. Usually these tend to be the more interesting or complex meshes, which seems only right to me.. According to the site stats.. they do get looked at fairly regularly. By clicking ANY of these images, which show as hyperlinks.. with a 'tooltip' stating that they link to info etc.. you will be taken directly to the required information.

I appreciate your comment about needing to be determined to sponsor the site.. I plan to change the way the site is funded when I publish the next ebook update.. which will still be FREELY distributed.. I avoid advertising to maintain site independance and the freedom to publish what I believe is useful.. without needing to consider if it's OK with advertisers and all that...

Re: posting a direct link here...

I don't post direct links to cnc4free funding pages here I don't want forum users, or any site visitor, to feel obliged to contribute.. and I'm not sure that it would be within forum rules... best to be safe. I got locked out of the support forum for a a well known CNC application.. which I bought.... after discussing FREE methods and mentioning a certain phrase related to intaglio on this forum ... have to watch your step.. some people are a bit thin-skinned or whatever... so be it.

Once again many thanks for your interest in the site... I hope you will find at least some content there of use in your own work.

TTFN

Danny
    What one man can do another man can do..
    BitMaps to Models, 3D2Relief, tutorials and FREE CNC Software http://cnc4free.org

"Links to become a sponsor at cnc4free can be found by clicking any of the 'sponsor only' large preview images.."

Thanks, I finally got the link embedded in a graphic. But, it only worked for me once, other times it has not. I tried it on Win7 with EI 9, and Firefox 6.0.1 (which I use) and WinXP with the same apps but could not get the links to show up. The graphics show fine and as far as I know, just the links are missing.

Lynn

Hi and thanks so much for your support.

Hi There Lynn,

I understand now why you have had difficulty accessing this information. I'll have to look into it as it's the first report of this kind of problem I've had.

I'd just like to say thanks very much.. for your patience, determination and tangible support for cnc4free.org. I hope the site and resources are helpful in your CNC projects. Please let me know if you have any further problems with links etc..

Best Regards

Danny
    BitMaps to Models, 3D2Relief, tutorials and FREE CNC Software http://cnc4free.org

Have you considered adding a Sponsor button to the menu on the left side of the page? That would be easier than adding it to the individual images and be more visible. Might as well make it easy as possible for people to donate.
    Bob

"Bad decisions make good stories."

Did think about this...

Quote Originally Posted by bobsch View Post
    Have you considered adding a Sponsor button to the menu on the left side of the page? That would be easier than adding it to the individual images and be more visible. Might as well make it easy as possible for people to donate.
    Hi There,

Thanks for your interest and what is a sensible and logical suggestion.. I did think about it when I built the site. In the end I decided against. In all honesty, cnc4free.org never has been about money... except where it comes to avoiding the need to spend it. With this in mind it didn't sit well with me for a 'Sponsor' button to be lurking, visible throughout the site.

When I built cnc4free and since it's been online I suppose, my main concern has been to focus attention on the information and resources... The site was an evolution of the original yahoo group.. Funding came from the original tutorial sponsors (see the thread below).. so cnc4free.org was more about support for existing sponsors.. to begin with...

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/genera...on_method.html

Obviously things have moved on since the early days of the site and I need to look at this again. I have had a few people mention difficulty finding out the means of sponsorship.. I will address this in the next site update... I may well go with a 'Sponsor' button as you suggest.. will see what I can come up with..

Many thanks again for your interest..

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by yohudi View Post
    Hi There,

Thanks for your interest and what is a sensible and logical suggestion.. I did think about it when I built the site. In the end I decided against. In all honesty, cnc4free.org never has been about money... except where it comes to avoiding the need to spend it. With this in mind it didn't sit well with me for a 'Sponsor' button to be lurking, visible throughout the site.

Danny
    Hi Danny,

I don't think any reasonable person would object in way, or even remotely see it as a commercial exercise to have a "sponsor" button! The trivial amount the sponsorship is, is pretty well proof the sites not about the money, and if people object to the extended resources offered as a sponsor, well, they can go beg to other 3D model sites and see how they go.

I'm stoked you've made so much of your time available (busy downloading here and there from it!).

cheers,
    Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Thanks again for +ve remarks..

Hi Ian,

thnks for your input on this point.. and for your further appreciative comments...

Much of the content in the download area came about as a result of my 'mesh -a-day' height-mapping practice... If nothing else this does serve to demonstrate that.... If you are prepared to put in a little work... FREE methods can generate good quality relief content in large amounts...

I wouldn't suggest that every example in the download area is perfect.. or a fantastic mesh or anything to that effect. Most of these were exercises.. to hone a particular aspect of the method... Having said that.. they will all cut to the quality shown.. using the info from the table on each page. I host the mesh downloads as a tutorial resource really.. and so anyone can test the quality of results for themselves.. etc Future mesh downloads will be bundled with the heightmaps that generated them.. to further assist those learning FREE methods.

By all means, enjoy the site content.. and use it however you can in your projects... If something there is just not quite right for your use.. do let me know.. I'm always happy to help anyone who has demonstrated such strong and positive support for the site.

Thanks again

Danny

does anyone have access to a 3D model of a horse shoe?
    Thanks!
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

To anyone interested really...

November updates are now online at cnc4free.org homepage

Tried to add example Images but for some reason board is not accepting them at the moment... will try and add later

Links page also updated

TTFN

Danny
    Hello, I'm looking for the reef and cane, but can not locate them on the site.
    Are they available anywhere?

Thanks!

EDIT:
    The pictures did not come with the quote... Post #32
    My Build: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc_router_table_machines/113711-my_build_-_many_thanks.html

Don't think I've ever done one... but...

Quote Originally Posted by jhowelb View Post
    does anyone have access to a 3D model of a horse shoe?
    Thanks!

Hi There,

not sure I've ever made a horseshoe... but if you have a half decent image of what you're looking for... and you don't mind the result being made available in the thread.. or via cnc4free.org... i.e. like the isis mesh in this post... then I'd be prepared to knock something out...

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/988566-post134.html

hope this helps

Danny

Availabilty of older download content

Quote Originally Posted by Mogal View Post
    Hello, I'm looking for the reef and cane, but can not locate them on the site.
    Are they available anywhere?

Thanks!

EDIT:
    The pictures did not come with the quote... Post #32

Hi There...

see posts:-

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/657194-post24.html
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/768065-post63.html
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/768251-post65.html

In all fairness to site sponsors... once I've had something up for 30 days.. it goes in the sponsor area.. and doesn't normally come back out....

however... I have made exception before.. and this is a further opportunity to demonstrate improvements and refinements in the methods used to generate these meshes.... I'll take a look at these two.. and put up the old and new versions... I think that's pretty fair... I'll reserve the new versions for sponsors.. and that way I don't feel like i'm trampling on the additional priviliges they have for supporting the site...

I'll slot these in as time permits...

I am hoping to get an update of the downloads area of cnc4free.org in before the end of the month... content will probably be some of the better Halloween and Xmas type meshes from previous updates.. but with the benefit of re-working with new techniques... will have to see how it goes on this... I DO have a lot on at the minute...

Hope this helps

Danny

Hope this helps..

Hi There,

not sure I've ever made a horseshoe... but if you have a half decent image of what you're looking for... and you don't mind the result being made available in the thread.. or via cnc4free.org... i.e. like the isis mesh in this post... then I'd be prepared to knock something out...

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/988566-post134.html

hope this helps

Danny

Here is the closest approximation of what is required in both a jpg and a dxf. The original was free clip art from the web so I have no propriety over it nor do I mind sharing.

Thanks, I'll share the project design concept later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shoe.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    “ In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” Thomas Jefferson

A friend gave me an old toilet lid made from gorgeous oak. And I have a cousin who is a farmer in Texas who has a bent for unusual things. This project will be a gift to him.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shoe2.jpg  

A friend gave me an old toilet lid made from gorgeous oak. And I have a cousin who is a farmer in Texas who has a bent for unusual things. This project will be a gift to him.
    I'd do the horse image the other way up :cheers:

Here is the closest approximation of what is required in both a jpg and a dxf. The original was free clip art from the web so I have no propriety over it nor do I mind sharing.

Thanks, I'll share the project design concept later.
    Hi There...

had a few minutes to spare this morning... so I managed to get to this. Tried uploading here, the zip is only just over 3 MB... but no luck.. so I'll try and get the mesh online at cnc4free.org later today...

Also managed a bit of re -work on the wreath file requested... there is quite a difference in results from new methods, even in this first adjustment of it... I'll hopefully get chance to finish this today at some point... but just thought it was worth a look at the difference...

Hope this helps

TTFN

Danny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails horseshoe.gif   WreathNew.jpg   WreathOld.jpg  

Beautiful job on the shoe, Dan! Thank you so much!

I've heard conflicting notions on the mounting of horse shoes.

School #1: open end up so that the "luck" isn't spilled out and lost.

School #2: open end down so the "luck" pours out onto who ever is under it.

While the lid could be remounted it is my intention for it to be hung on a wall. I will post photos of the completed project.

Meanwhile, here is a shot of my most recent work, another gift.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1651.jpg  

And here weeeeeeee.......... go!

Beautiful job on the shoe, Dan! Thank you so much!

I've heard conflicting notions on the mounting of horse shoes........

Meanwhile, here is a shot of my most recent work, another gift.
    Hi There..

Thanks for your kind and appreciative comments... was no problem.. and a pretty quick job really.. glad you like it and hope it helps you out...

Re: The mounting.. go with whichever of the 2 schools has the most luck

And re: your photo... really nice work... a delightful gift which I'm sure will be appreciated.... nice finishing also...

Anyway, enough chit-chat.. the links to public stuff are below... the sponsor files will be onine when I've finished the re-work..

TTFN

Danny

http://cnc4free.org/dldP/horseshoe.zip
    http://cnc4free.org/dldP/572_cnc4fre...Cane+Holly.zip
    http://cnc4free.org/dldP/586_cnc4fre...masWreath1.zip

Hi Danny

I've had a quick look at your site.

The idea is great !

However, my 1st look, it wasn't clear that there is a sponsored section. I looked and thought there are not many files for a 4 yr old site, and clicked away to another site.

Reading this thread a bit more, I realise there is more available to sponsors... so ... I have another look at your site, and it isn't obvious that there is a way to sponsor. I've been back a few times, and still dont see a link or any suggestion that I can sponsor anywhere ???

I just say this in case others are visiting your site, and thinking the same as me !

I'm just starting out in CNC and have started buying bits to build my own. So your site would be usefull to me when I get going.

Like I said, good idea, and I'll have another look

Rich

Hi and thanks for your comments and interest

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyCNC View Post
    Hi Danny

I've had a quick look at your site.

The idea is great !

However, my 1st look, it wasn't clear that there is a sponsored section. I looked and thought there are not many files for a 4 yr old site, and clicked away to another site.

Reading this thread a bit more, I realise there is more available to sponsors... so ... I have another look at your site, and it isn't obvious that there is a way to sponsor. I've been back a few times, and still dont see a link or any suggestion that I can sponsor anywhere ???.........

Like I said, good idea, and I'll have another look

Rich
    Hi There Rich,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your observations and impressions of cnc4free.org

The means of sponsorship is explained in the post below

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/989436-post142.html

As has been commented on by yourself and others.. this is obviously far too subtle an approach.. I have a plan in mind to resolve these difficulties. The means to support the site will be a lot more obvious in future.

I do appreciate your feedback. I aim to make cnc4free.org as helpful and user-friendly as possible. A few valued longer-term sponsors have provided much assistance with development of a new look, feel and function for the site. This is pretty much waiting in the wings... on completion of other work.. including content like programming and cutting of the job in the thread below... This is the main reason I'm not dashing off to add a 'Sponsor' button to the existing site.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/woodwo...ated_info.html

I think a lot of people will be surprised and far more engaged when the new content goes online. I'm holding out until I'm happy everything is in sync to create the appropriate / desired impact.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and interest in the site.

TTFN

EDIT:

I meant to say that there's another 'reworked' mesh online at the zone that I'd forgotten about... It's in the post below.. along with some info on how it was made.... enjoy

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/980760-post13.html

Danny

Page 8 of 30 67891018